The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by lewis.robbins
I'm so confused about freshers tickets. Is it best to buy them when they go out for sale (mid September??) or wait until we all get there? I don't want to find out that all the tickets have gone

I wouldn't risk waiting till you arrive. Go for the freshers passport/pass when it comes out
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Anyone here for German and Italian? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1202
Hello everyone. I applied really late, so I just got my unconditional offer today. I am a postgraduate law student from italy. Would you still suggest to try and apply for an accomodation through the university, or should I just check the internet for somewhere else to stay ?
Thanks
Original post by Cerras
Hello everyone. I applied really late, so I just got my unconditional offer today. I am a postgraduate law student from italy. Would you still suggest to try and apply for an accomodation through the university, or should I just check the internet for somewhere else to stay ?
Thanks

I think it is advisable to look at as many options as possible, I think you can still apply for campus accommodation but you can also look for flats near the campus too :smile:
Hey! Is here anyone who got accommodation offer from Warwick and would be willing to swap? I got Rootes, my 4th choice and would like to get an en-suite room. Preferably Bluebell or Sherbourne.
finally enrolled. Guess the question now is Freshers Pass or no Freshers Pass.
Original post by AwesomeSauce#1
finally enrolled. Guess the question now is Freshers Pass or no Freshers Pass.

I have just enrolled too and am struggling with the same decision! I don't want to miss out on anything if I don't buy the Fresher's Pass
Original post by ElizaBridge
I have just enrolled too and am struggling with the same decision! I don't want to miss out on anything if I don't buy the Fresher's Pass

I think im going to do it, it will make we go out for the first 2 weeks, then i can go back to my normal life of rarely partying.
Original post by Cerras
Thanks

I have 5 bed house to let for [postgraduate students only 10mins walk from the university...rent starts from £85pw.......check 'gum tree' area postcode CV4 8JL or details available from accommodation office through Cathy Cattel....

How I see it is it's only worth it if you're going to go to most or all of the events, as you only save about £20 extra. If you only go to a few, then it's better to not bother.
Original post by CantonHero
How I see it is it's only worth it if you're going to go to most or all of the events, as you only save about £20 extra. If you only go to a few, then it's better to not bother.

But if you dont get the freshers pass, its also likely that tickets will sell out before you make up your mind on what you want to do lol.
Okay I think I will get the Freshers Pass then :smile:

Has anyone chosen their modules yet?

No?? Are we supposed to have done that already?

What are you studying? :smile:
thought we were picking modules when we get there
Original post by lewis.robbins
No?? Are we supposed to have done that already?

What are you studying? :smile:

I am so glad that was your response :P I just know from friends who went to Uni last year that they picked their modules before they went.

I am studying History, you?

I think we pick modules after 22nd but I think they will let us know (either on our personal email or Warwick email) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so glad that was your response :P I just know from friends who went to Uni last year that they picked their modules before they went.

I am studying History, you?

Ok good because Warwick's IT system confuses me soo much :smile:

I'm studying Mechanical Engineering, and I'm staying in Westwood. Where are you staying?
So has anyone else installed the Office 365 ProPlus yet?
Original post by Disney0702
So has anyone else installed the Office 365 ProPlus yet?

I have :biggrin: it's great. You can download it on up to 5 devices too. :smile:
Only see myself using Word (definitely), PowerPoint (maybe) and Publisher (maybe). I don't see a use of the rest of the applications on there, but you never know :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophia-1996
I have :biggrin: it's great. You can download it on up to 5 devices too. :smile:
Only see myself using Word (definitely), PowerPoint (maybe) and Publisher (maybe). I don't see a use of the rest of the applications on there, but you never know :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already installed it onto my laptop, phone and tablet. I know I'll probably end up using it on my laptop only but ah wells.

Yes I agree, I think I'll be using Word predominantly and PowerPoint just when we have to give our own presentations. Not too sure about the others.

Quick Reply

Latest