The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Management at Warwick

How strict / competitive is the candidate pool for Management or PPE at Warwick? Specifically looking to understand if I would be able to scrape in with mid GSCEs (1x 9, 2x 7s, 3x 6s, and 3x 5s). Concerned about the 6s and 5s mainly, but meet their Math GCSE requirements.

At A-Level I'm working an A*AA (typical offer). I've got 1 preferred quantitative subject (which they state candidates who hold **can** be at an advantage, **not** guaranteed). I do not have A-Level Maths/FM which are far superior, however.

And if anyone knows, does Management / PPE etc. courses ever open in clearing at Warwick, I imagine they're highly popular but not sure how realistic it is that people miss offers etc.
Or perhaps, if any similar econ/management courses at target unis for investment banks tend to open to keep an eye out on too in clearing?

Thank you!
Where does it say a quantitative subject is preferred? It doesn't say that anywhere on either the management or PPE course website.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by thenonstudent
Where does it say a quantitative subject is preferred? It doesn't say that anywhere on either the management or PPE course website.
It's pretty much the first thing on the course page. See under A-Levels:

"A-LEVEL TYPICAL OFFER

We do not specify a subject mix at A Level, but we particularly value applicants who can demonstrate a strong breadth of study. In practice, this means that applicants taking a quantitative subject may be at an advantage compared to other applicants. We consider the following subjects to meet this criteria: Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Statistics."
Original post by Anonymous #1
It's pretty much the first thing on the course page. See under A-Levels:
"A-LEVEL TYPICAL OFFER
We do not specify a subject mix at A Level, but we particularly value applicants who can demonstrate a strong breadth of study. In practice, this means that applicants taking a quantitative subject may be at an advantage compared to other applicants. We consider the following subjects to meet this criteria: Accounting, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, Statistics."
Ah alright, thank you.
Original post by Anonymous #1
How strict / competitive is the candidate pool for Management or PPE at Warwick? Specifically looking to understand if I would be able to scrape in with mid GSCEs (1x 9, 2x 7s, 3x 6s, and 3x 5s). Concerned about the 6s and 5s mainly, but meet their Math GCSE requirements.
At A-Level I'm working an A*AA (typical offer). I've got 1 preferred quantitative subject (which they state candidates who hold **can** be at an advantage, **not** guaranteed). I do not have A-Level Maths/FM which are far superior, however.
And if anyone knows, does Management / PPE etc. courses ever open in clearing at Warwick, I imagine they're highly popular but not sure how realistic it is that people miss offers etc.
Or perhaps, if any similar econ/management courses at target unis for investment banks tend to open to keep an eye out on too in clearing?
Thank you!
I'm wondering the same as you about how competitive these courses are. But PPE and management are not usually in clearing, unfortunately.
It is quite competitive but i know a couple of people who got an offer with predicted grade A*AA
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2
It is quite competitive but i know a couple of people who got an offer with predicted grade A*AA

Thanks, appreciate your response. Any insight onto their GCSEs at all?
mainly 7s
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!

old thread, sorry but i have an offer from warwick with all 8 a*s igcse, 5 a's as level and 4 a* predicted a level, subjects were econ math psychology and accounting. i dont think they will care too much about gcses and i dont think ppe competition is THAT high, i think youll get away with it as long as you manage to bump your pred up if you can. also, i dont think ppe ever enters clearing, sadly
Thank you!

If you have a grade 9 in GCSE maths then you might stand a chance. I applied and unfortunately was rejected for PPE a couple weeks ago but was given another offer for another course. A lot of the people applying do have maths or further maths as an alevel which I didn’t have so I think Warwick do infact value maths because of the maths in economics. Though, it could have been that my application was just uncompetitive which led to the rejection.
If you have a grade 9 in GCSE maths then you might stand a chance. I applied and unfortunately was rejected for PPE a couple weeks ago but was given another offer for another course. A lot of the people applying do have maths or further maths as an alevel which I didn’t have so I think Warwick do infact value maths because of the maths in economics. Though, it could have been that my application was just uncompetitive which led to the rejection.

What grades did u have?
What grades did u have?

I applied with 2 A*s and an A predicted and 7’s,8’s and 9’s at GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest