The Student Room Group

Should I call it a night (essay writing)?

So I have 1000 word essay due on Friday and while I'm not doing too badly (I'm at about 500 words, but I have ideas that I can continue with). Last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to stay up and write my essay; that was when I got the majority of what I've got so far down. I had intended to sleep all day today but in the end I only got another 5 hours sleep so I now feel shattered. Unfortunately I feel like I'm still behind so I need to continue writing the essay. This was my intended schedule-

Tuesday: Write as much as I can from what I know and my own ideas.

Wednesday: Find some references I can get further information from and add it to the essay accordingly.

Thursday: Edit and check everything is in order on the referencing front.

Unfortunately I haven't quite finished what I intended to for Tuesday so I'm now trying to continue. However, it's getting to that point where just thinking about what to write is getting to be a strain and actually writing is making me terrified I'm gonna get a low grade on it. Should I call it a night or push myself to continue?

Side note- Please don't lecture me for only leaving myself 5 days (I started planning on Sunday). I know I'm stupid and I know I'm going to have a horrible week so I'm hoping fate decides that's punishment enough and doesn't make me get a ****ty grade too (and by that I mean a fail; I'd settle for just a pass on my first essay).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
Call it a night. Still plenty of time.
We did ours half the time the day or 2 before, 5000 words. (That's a little more unwise though)

1000 words is literally the same length as the articles I crack out in an hour at most, stop stressing over such little things and you'll do fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending