The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Applying to UAL Fashion Journalism

Hi Guys,
I’m applying to LCF and CSM to study Fashion journalism next year. I was hoping to find anyone else who has applied for these courses just to speak to?? Also plymouth college of arts:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by abigail.logan
Hi Guys,
I’m applying to LCF and CSM to study Fashion journalism next year. I was hoping to find anyone else who has applied for these courses just to speak to?? Also plymouth college of arts:smile:

hi! im applying for fashion journalism too! are you for 2022 entry too?
also applied to: winchester, ntu and london met :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by mercy-o
hi! im applying for fashion journalism too! are you for 2022 entry too?
also applied to: winchester, ntu and london met :smile:

yess 2022!! currently writing my essay for them but it’s big stressing me out 😩have u got insta?:smile:
Reply 3
i sent mine for both colleges last night the stress of it😪😪😪 yeah - it’s @mercyotas :smile:
Reply 4
i’ve also applied to fashion journalism at csm !! i’ve sent off the portfolio essay but heard nothing yet have u done that yet ?
Original post by piper444
i’ve also applied to fashion journalism at csm !! i’ve sent off the portfolio essay but heard nothing yet have u done that yet ?

i withdrew my csm application as I no longer want to go there, but I submitted my lcf portfolio essay a couple of weeks ago and haven’t heard back :smile:)
I'd love to know what you guys put in your portfolio - i'm applying to do the Level 3 International Introduction to Fashion foundation degree at UCL but I need to create a portfolio. Now I'm not 100% on what my niche is yet - I can't decide if I want to go down the styling route or the fashion journalism route so should I mix the two up?

Some of my ideas for it so far are:
Heroine chic and it's impact (including images of models and clothing from that time)
How fashion trends differ around the world
Extracts of my favourite fabrics
Trend forcasts for 2022
Fashion in kpop and the impact its had on the industry

any ideas would be great - I have no experience in fashion or art at all so i've never made a portfolio. I'm also 21 and it's been hears since I was in education - please help!!
Original post by PhoebeBatchelor
I'd love to know what you guys put in your portfolio - i'm applying to do the Level 3 International Introduction to Fashion foundation degree at UCL but I need to create a portfolio. Now I'm not 100% on what my niche is yet - I can't decide if I want to go down the styling route or the fashion journalism route so should I mix the two up?

Some of my ideas for it so far are:
Heroine chic and it's impact (including images of models and clothing from that time)
How fashion trends differ around the world
Extracts of my favourite fabrics
Trend forcasts for 2022
Fashion in kpop and the impact its had on the industry

any ideas would be great - I have no experience in fashion or art at all so i've never made a portfolio. I'm also 21 and it's been hears since I was in education - please help!!

i was the exact same!! i didn’t have to make a portfolio for UAL but I did for my other unis, and was my first time ever having to do so. I mostly included fashion mood boards, my reasoning for wanting to study fashion journalism (which is the course I applied for) and examples of my writing, including an essay about the impact of fashion media and it’s importance. I also included images of my social media, but your ideas sound great!!
Reply 8
Original post by abigail.logan
Hi Guys,

Hii, I'm applying to the CSM next year for the same course :smile:
have you heard anything back after submitting your essay, I'm currently planning mine!! x
Reply 9
Original post by anna_man
Hii, I'm applying to the CSM next year for the same course :smile:
have you heard anything back after submitting your essay, I'm currently planning mine!! x

hi! i haven’t heard anything yet, but apparently they send off interviews in february, so might hear in the next couple weeks if i’ve got interview or not! x
Reply 10
Hi guys just wondering for fashion communication - journalism at UAL what is the application process and what does the portfolio contain
Reply 11
Original post by piper444
hi! i haven’t heard anything yet, but apparently they send off interviews in february, so might hear in the next couple weeks if i’ve got interview or not! x

Hi guys just wondering for fashion communication - journalism at UAL what is the application process and what does the portfolio contain. I can’t find much on the websites other than specifically writing a piece

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending