The Student Room Group

[deleted]

[deleted]
(edited 11 months ago)
Nope. It's a relatively easy degree. Certainly compared to engineering. The only thing I couldn't do was Jurisprudence, and even then I blagged it for a half decent mark. Most of the other things are quite formulaic. Criminal, IP, Commerical, Trusts, Family, whatever. You learn the key principles and then read a lot of cases and you're good to go.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Trinculo
Nope. It's a relatively easy degree. Certainly compared to engineering. The only thing I couldn't do was Jurisprudence, and even then I blagged it for a half decent mark. Most of the other things are quite formulaic. Criminal, IP, Commerical, Trusts, Family, whatever. You learn the key principles and then read a lot of cases and you're good to go.

Did you go into Law with a genuine passion for the subject?

I’ve heard that essay-writing is extremely difficult as well and I have no knowledge on how to write a legal essay.
Reply 3
Original post by username3729415

I’ve heard that essay-writing is extremely difficult as well and I have no knowledge on how to write a legal essay.

Genuine passion? Not really. I was sort of into it - but then I don't believe that many people have genuine passion for their subjects - they just say that they do, or think that they do at the time.

There is a book called "How to write law essays and exams" by a lady called Stacie Strong. You can get it on ebay for about £3. It's very good and probably all you need to know on the artifice of it.

There's nothing hard about writing law essays - if anything they're very straightforward once you understand how to approach them. Certainly, I found other subjects like Philosophy much much harder.
Original post by username3729415

Nobody goes into law as they are passionate about it. All about the money

My advice would be to skip the pointless lectures/seminars and just do the reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending