The Student Room Group

Got a negative point and detention - undeserved. what to do?

My sociology teacher today decides to give some people a detention for not doing homework. Now I've only recently joined the class - so I've missed some things so this large homework was set before I even joined, so I didn't know about it. I heard her mention before half - term, that the revision resources were due at the next lesson. Knowing what she was like (she's also my tutor) I thought I'd attempt it, although I wasn't there when it was set. I did some notes to hand in, but they were apparently not exactly what she was after, therefore, I got a negative point and a lunchtime session 'detention' with her. The other people there are those who just didn't bother doing it. I know it seems silly but I just don't deserve compared to people who just don't care. I attempted to do as I was told. I've done so well at my new school so far I don't want this to ruin it and now its on the system. IS there any way that I can somehow get her to take it off so I have a good report? She just seems to dislike me for some unknown reason.......
Just try having a chat with her - If you tell her you've made an effort and that you're happy to redo the work once you understand what she's after, that'll normally sort things out. I'm sure she wants you to succeed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest