The Student Room Group

When do I apply for sixth form?

I'm currently in year 11 and I will be taking my mock exams in November. What do I write for my sixth form application? Do I need to mention anything bad in the application, i.e. weaknesses or detentions or negative points, or should I just focus in my strengths? I've been looking, and the deadlines for sixth form applications aren't that clear, so should I write a draft of my application before I do my mocks or should I just focus on my grades?
Reply 1
Original post by Devoid_Dusk
I'm currently in year 11 and I will be taking my mock exams in November. What do I write for my sixth form application? Do I need to mention anything bad in the application, i.e. weaknesses or detentions or negative points, or should I just focus in my strengths? I've been looking, and the deadlines for sixth form applications aren't that clear, so should I write a draft of my application before I do my mocks or should I just focus on my grades?

There's usually an application form on the shool website then the school write to your school for a reference.
Original post by Devoid_Dusk

Deadline for sixth form applications depend on the sixth form you are applying to. Unlike UCAS application for uni where you can only apply for 5, you can apply to as many sixth forms as you want. For example, https://landau-forte.org.uk/sixthform/admissions/
If you are successful, you will have received a conditional offer. This will specify what grades you need to meet in your gcse’s.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending