The Student Room Group

why do we need teachers, is attending classes a waste of time ?

I feel that all you need is a few solid text books and a bunch of pastpapers to get the top marks. You don't need teachers. I feel that people like to believe teachers are extremely important but in reality it is quite the opposite. Who feels the same?
Original post by mhassan
I feel that all you need is a few solid text books and a bunch of pastpapers to get the top marks. You don't need teachers. I feel that people like to believe teachers are extremely important but in reality it is quite the opposite. Who feels the same?

I feel most people would think that's a load of nonsense. There might be some people who have enough motivation and aptitude to self teach themselves things well enough to pass exams but firstly, passing exams isn't the purpose of education and secondly, most people aren't capable of that. The understanding you can get from having something taught by an excellent teacher is beyond anything you could understand from even the greatest textbook.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
I feel most people would think that's a load of nonsense. There might be some people who have enough motivation and aptitude to self teach themselves things well enough to pass exams but firstly, passing exams isn't the purpose of education and secondly, most people aren't capable of that. The understanding you can get from having something taught by an excellent teacher is beyond anything you could understand from even the greatest textbook.

I get what your saying. Maybe its the fact that every teacher that has ever taught me has been awful. I would love to be taught by an 'excellent' teacher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending