The Student Room Group

AQA Business Research Theme- UK Manufacturing- June 2015 (BUSS4)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jenny1995
Is it okay to just have cased studies that are based on the automotive industry? Or do you need to know case studies based on a wide range of industries?

Personally, I'm not 100% sure on the answer to this, however my teacher told me to know examples for more than 1 industry - so you could do automotive, pharmaceuticals & food for instance? Also on the tutor2u conference they gave us a list of their top 10 companies to research and they ranged in industries. Hope this has helped, and i hope I'm not completely misguiding you :L
A case study document on Jaguar Land Rover / Tata Group I made!
Quick overview and facts hope it helps!
:biggrin::smile:
I have case studies similar to the one I posted about Jaguar Land Rover
Made about 10 for loads of different businesses today
Not gonna upload them all but either email me [email protected] or request the ones you do want uploading if anybody does!

I have;
Honda
JLR/Tata
Nissan
Glaxosmith Kline
AstraZeneca/Pfizer
JCB
Warburtons
One on Government Tax Policy
Hornby/Airfix
Dyson
3D Printing (BAE and Rolls Royce)
Skoda (SWOT analysis)

:-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes please!!!! :smile:
Original post by hanamcinerney
Yes please!!!! :smile:

there are 5 powerpoints and they are quite large! pm me your email if you like
Reply 85
I've sucked loads of information from this thread , honestly you guyls are amazing ! I'm only just starting unit 4A and 4B work . However I'm going flor 2 unit 4 workshops and I've got the paid for Tutor2u research tool kit ! If anyone needs the whole thing in more than happy to help send it !
Reply 86
Hey Katy , could you please help email all of them except the JLR one I've saved that already !
Reply 87
What businesses can I use for positive and negative impacts of globalisation on UK manufacturers? Cheers in advance :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by katieflow
Has anybody found any case study/business examples for opportunities and threats and government policy that they would be happy to share, please? :smile:

I've found a few case studies which I'm happy to post for location, technology and globalisation if anybody is interested!

Thank you :smile:

Could u post those case studies please, they will be of great help! :smile:
Original post by neel66
Could u post those case studies please, they will be of great help! :smile:

I think I've posted about this earlier in the thread :smile: Please have a look at previous messages
1) Technological change - Dyson, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, GSK/Astrazeneca, Siemens
2) Globalisation - Investment in Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Imperial Tobacco, Caterpillar, Ford Transit
3) Government Policy - use any of the businesses from British Growth Fund portfolio and look for businesses with apprenticeships as part of supply side fiscal policy - rolls royce
4) Location - Ford Transit, Imperial Tobaccio, Caterpillar, Tata Steel for offshoring
Trunki, M&S, Topshop, Aston Martin for reshoring
Siemens, Nissan, DuPont - investment in UK Manufacturing
5) Opportunities and threats - Future of 3D printing for car manufacture? Green Energy, Nanotechnology. - BAE Systems - 3D printers reduce their costs by between 30 and 65% of production. - prototypes can be done using 3D printing tech.
Reply 91
Original post by JTBullen
1) Technological change - Dyson, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, GSK/Astrazeneca, Siemens
2) Globalisation - Investment in Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Imperial Tobacco, Caterpillar, Ford Transit
3) Government Policy - use any of the businesses from British Growth Fund portfolio and look for businesses with apprenticeships as part of supply side fiscal policy - rolls royce
4) Location - Ford Transit, Imperial Tobaccio, Caterpillar, Tata Steel for offshoring
Trunki, M&S, Topshop, Aston Martin for reshoring
Siemens, Nissan, DuPont - investment in UK Manufacturing
5) Opportunities and threats - Future of 3D printing for car manufacture? Green Energy, Nanotechnology. - BAE Systems - 3D printers reduce their costs by between 30 and 65% of production. - prototypes can be done using 3D printing tech.

Do you know whether we can link 2 bullet points together. For example, for Globalisation and location decisions, they can be very similar when speaking about offshoring/reshoring?
Original post by Teni__
Hey Katy , could you please help email all of them except the JLR one I've saved that already !

Shoot me an email over at [email protected] and I'll forward you a message!

:-)
Original post by neel66
Do you know whether we can link 2 bullet points together. For example, for Globalisation and location decisions, they can be very similar when speaking about offshoring/reshoring?

Yes you can, make sure you're still focussed on the question though!

But I can imagine you will be rewarded for tying in different parts of the course and linking them together so if you can try to but be careful not to veer off what the question is asking! :rolleyes:
All your questions, I will write down and ask the tutor2u team when I got to their BUSS4 conference (fulham broadway, London) next Wednesday. As I am confused too.
Is Nissan moving to Sunderland Globalisation? Or would it only come under decisions to locate in the UK?
Original post by Laura_1997
Is Nissan moving to Sunderland Globalisation? Or would it only come under decisions to locate in the UK?

Think that comes under location more...find out why they moved there?

If it is linked to globalisation, Nissan would have moved there to expand markets (Ex. EU markets are easier to access)
my business teacher has been really ill recently so has barely been in so cannot mark any of my essays. Does anyone know where I could find someone online or something to mark them? Any suggestions really would be appreciated, I really don't know how good my essays are:s-smilie:
Original post by jenny1995
my business teacher has been really ill recently so has barely been in so cannot mark any of my essays. Does anyone know where I could find someone online or something to mark them? Any suggestions really would be appreciated, I really don't know how good my essays are:s-smilie:

Usually you have to pay for this kind of thing, look on tutor2u they have loads of online tutors there I think so have a quick look. If not I can try and give some kind of idea myself but i'm just a student so obviously my marking wouldn't be the most reliable.
Reply 99
Good luck everybody. You'll ace it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending