The Student Room Group

Business Studies A-Level Pearsons Edexcel PAPER 3

TL;DR: I need the case study that is relevant to Paper 3! Please can someone send this to me?

Please can someone help me?

I am an independent student who started my Business Studies A Level earlier this year through Oxford Learning Online. Last night, I found this note in the back of my revision book...

"For Paper 3, you'll be given some material before the exam about a broad context that you have to research eg. It could be about a particular market or industry. The questions in Paper 3 will be based around this context - the more research you've done on the context, the better prepared you'll be to answer the questions... The material is available to your teacher several months before your exams, so you should get plenty of time to do your research".

Although I have a tutor through Oxford Learning Online, I have note been sent the relevant material for this exam. I have not been sent anything at all. I have no idea where to find it and with just 3 weeks to go I am extremely worried.

I am really worried about how this is going to affect my final grade and after working so hard I'm quite upset about it.
Reply 1
Original post by BabyJaneHudson
TL;DR: I need the case study that is relevant to Paper 3! Please can someone send this to me?

I am an independent student who started my Business Studies A Level earlier this year through Oxford Learning Online. Last night, I found this note in the back of my revision book...

"For Paper 3, you'll be given some material before the exam about a broad context that you have to research eg. It could be about a particular market or industry. The questions in Paper 3 will be based around this context - the more research you've done on the context, the better prepared you'll be to answer the questions... The material is available to your teacher several months before your exams, so you should get plenty of time to do your research".

Although I have a tutor through Oxford Learning Online, I have note been sent the relevant material for this exam. I have not been sent anything at all. I have no idea where to find it and with just 3 weeks to go I am extremely worried.

I am really worried about how this is going to affect my final grade and after working so hard I'm quite upset about it.

Hi, this is the pre-release information to research for edexcel a level business paper 3 this year, I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Investigating business in a competitive environment
Context
This year the context is the UK car market and businesses operating in this market.
Research
To prepare for this year’s context, you should research:
Current trends in the UK car market: Prices; consumer tastes and preferences
(e.g. style, colour); growth of electric car sales.
The markets and competitive environment facing car manufacturers, car dealers
and car servicing businesses.
Resource management in the car industry.
Managing people in the car industry.
Entrepreneurs and leaders in the UK car market.
Global and external influences on the car market.
You cannot take any of your research or investigation data carried out as part of the
pre-release into the examination

I wouldn't get too worked up about this I noticed someone sent you the case study notes. But the paper is written in a way where technically you don't need to do prior work and have prior knowledge on the car market to get full marks.
Reply 3
Original post by mmayb
Hi, this is the pre-release information to research for edexcel a level business paper 3 this year, I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Investigating business in a competitive environment
Context
This year the context is the UK car market and businesses operating in this market.
Research
To prepare for this year’s context, you should research:
Current trends in the UK car market: Prices; consumer tastes and preferences
(e.g. style, colour); growth of electric car sales.
The markets and competitive environment facing car manufacturers, car dealers
and car servicing businesses.
Resource management in the car industry.
Managing people in the car industry.
Entrepreneurs and leaders in the UK car market.
Global and external influences on the car market.
You cannot take any of your research or investigation data carried out as part of the
pre-release into the examination

Thank you so so much you are a life saver!
Reply 4
is there anywhere online anyone can point me for resources on this ?? I know above says you dont technically need but I would love to do some background reading and dont seem to have covered this at all.

Thanks.

Thank you so so much you are a life saver!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending