Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lookitsmia
Yeah, I get what you mean! I'm so excited and it's the only course I can really see myself doing, but occasionally I overthink it and then I end up scaring myself (in case I don't like it). Apparently all applicants get invited to an Applicant Day (we should get contacted with the date, anyway, at the start of January). And yeah, I'm also hoping that that will only make me more excited :smile: Love the Uni and the location too!

glad im not the only one!! I went to the open day for Lincoln and it seems like it's almost 100% practical work and I feel like I would need some theoretical work in there too but we'll see! What other courses/unis have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking? I've applied to do Media & Communication at Birmingham, Leeds & De Monfort and Media at York St John :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Original post by pd1996
glad im not the only one!! I went to the open day for Lincoln and it seems like it's almost 100% practical work and I feel like I would need some theoretical work in there too but we'll see! What other courses/unis have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking? I've applied to do Media & Communication at Birmingham, Leeds & De Monfort and Media at York St John :smile:

Yeah I got that impression too, but that's kind of what appealed to me about it! I only applied to Media Production courses, but I applied to Lincoln, De Montfort, Bournemouth, Winchester and Gloucestershire. I got offers from my two favourites, so I've already chosen my firm and insurance (Lincoln and De Montfort).

I'm nervous because it's all so final, but it's honestly the only course I can see myself doing and I'm excited to do it. What Universities/courses are you leaning more towards? :smile:
What did you guys get at AS? Just wondering what grades people are applying with.
Reply 63
Original post by mollhux713
What did you guys get at AS? Just wondering what grades people are applying with.

I got AAB, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by lookitsmia
Yeah I got that impression too, but that's kind of what appealed to me about it! I only applied to Media Production courses, but I applied to Lincoln, De Montfort, Bournemouth, Winchester and Gloucestershire. I got offers from my two favourites, so I've already chosen my firm and insurance (Lincoln and De Montfort).

I'm nervous because it's all so final, but it's honestly the only course I can see myself doing and I'm excited to do it. What Universities/courses are you leaning more towards? :smile:

I'm not really leaning towards any in particular yet but I can imagine I will end up choosing between Lincoln and Leeds! Haven't heard anything back from any of them though as I only sent it off on christmas eve :wink: Lincoln & De Montfort are both good choices :smile: My brother goes to De Montfort but he's studying Games Programming :tongue:
Reply 65
Hi, I'm a first year drama student at the university of Lincoln,

if anyone has any questions about the drama course, the university or lincoln as a whole please feel free to contact me. I also notice a few people have mentioned the Film and Tv course, I have a friend on that course that I can pass questions on to also.

Kai
Reply 66
Original post by Kaihtafc
Hi, I'm a first year drama student at the university of Lincoln,

if anyone has any questions about the drama course, the university or lincoln as a whole please feel free to contact me. I also notice a few people have mentioned the Film and Tv course, I have a friend on that course that I can pass questions on to also.

Kai

I've insured Lincoln, so if I end up going here, what's the likely hood I'll have a room in the uni owned halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by IAmEchelon
I've insured Lincoln, so if I end up going here, what's the likely hood I'll have a room in the uni owned halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm well Lincoln was my first choice so I got it guarenteed. However I know people in the courts who have put it as an insurance, when I get back next week I'll put some feelers out and ask around :smile:

However the other accommodation is just as good. Courts (the on campus accommodation) is basic but it's everything you need really and I have no complaint. Junction is nice if you can afford it and so is Pavilions, all within 5 mins walk of the uni!
I've got an unconditional offer for Animal Behaviour and Welfare, anyone else? haven't seen anyone else applying for this!
Is anyone else here doing Film and Television? I got 2 unconditional offers the other was for Media production but I'm edging more towards F&T. Honestly can't decide though. They were the 2 courses I wanted most, didn't expect to get both of them. So excited for next year :biggrin:
Reply 70
Original post by Kimmykairi
Is anyone else here doing Film and Television? I got 2 unconditional offers the other was for Media production but I'm edging more towards F&T. Honestly can't decide though. They were the 2 courses I wanted most, didn't expect to get both of them. So excited for next year :biggrin:

Ive heard a Film and TV is considered the better course from students :smile:
Ive heard a Film and TV is considered the better course from students :smile:

Do you know anyone on the course? I think I'll go with Film and Television :smile:
Reply 72
Do you know anyone on the course? I think I'll go with Film and Television :smile:

Yes I have a friend who is on the course so if you have any questions I'll be happy to pass them on :smile:
Original post by tashaprangnell96
Got an offer from Lincoln for Biomedical Science. Has anyone else applied for biomed and got an offer?

Hey, I applied and got an offer for biomedical science :smile:
I received an email from lincoln offering me an unconditional offer, but im unsure if its real as ive not received a letter & it doesn't appear on ucas track, just wanted to know if anyone else has received one?:smile:
Reply 75
I received an email from lincoln offering me an unconditional offer, but im unsure if its real as ive not received a letter & it doesn't appear on ucas track, just wanted to know if anyone else has received one?:smile:

Track can take a while to update

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! What course? :biggrin:
Congrats! What course? :biggrin:

Accountancy and Finance😊
Hmm well Lincoln was my first choice so I got it guarenteed. However I know people in the courts who have put it as an insurance, when I get back next week I'll put some feelers out and ask around :smile:

However the other accommodation is just as good. Courts (the on campus accommodation) is basic but it's everything you need really and I have no complaint. Junction is nice if you can afford it and so is Pavilions, all within 5 mins walk of the uni!

If i put Lincoln as my insurance, would if still be able to get a room in Pavillions
Reply 79
Original post by Jezzahuzza
If i put Lincoln as my insurance, would if still be able to get a room in Pavillions

More than likely, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest