The Student Room Group

Capsule Supplements

Hello Peepz,

I have bought 2 packs of capsule supplements. They are quite large in size, compared to tablets. For the life of me, I have never been able to have tablets/pills of any sorts and have always turned to liquid form.

I was wondering, if I took the contents of the capsules, and put them in a shake, would it be ineffective or less potent compared to force feeding myself the capsules?

Any tips?

Many thanks
I wouldn't imagine it would be any less effective. But depending on what the supplement is, its probably pretty concentrated and might taste pretty vile even in a shake
Hi, yes you can take it in liquid form, it is as effective and more easily absorbed by your body for that matter.

I have troubles swallowing tablets and capsules as well so i tend to avoid taking them but if im forced to, i normally just empty the contents to a tablespoon of honey and it works just fine.

Here's the article if you'd like to read up :smile:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/442455-liquid-supplement-vs-solid-supplement/
Reply 3
Usually the powder inside capsules taste nasty, try and force feed yourself the capsules. It will be unpleasant but this is how I 'taught' myself to be able to take tablets/capsules.
It would be best to try and find an equivalent oral syrup/suspension formulation rather than crushing the capsule. Same reason as to why you shouldn't crush and/or chew tablets, as it can affect their absorption profile.

Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Yeah, it smells vile, but I have tried to swallow one today, after the first (being very put off), I felt like I was choking :/

Will probably just open the capsule and put it in a shake.

Thanks
What's in these capsules?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest