The Student Room Group

Is creatine expensive?

I've been going gym for around a year now, and currently only take protein powder. I've been tempted by creatine but with all the loading phases etc. I'm scared the price will rack up.

How much would I expect to spend on creatine in the first month, or just in general? Is it extremely pricy and therefore not worth it?
Reply 1
It's a lot more expensive than it use to be. I just looked and I paid £4.39 for 500g in 2020 from MyProtein. It is now £15 for for 250g. It is still an effective supplement and is still relatively cheap to what you can pay for other supplements.
Reply 2
No but u should be careful because it has some side effcts
Original post by Arconik
I've been going gym for around a year now, and currently only take protein powder. I've been tempted by creatine but with all the loading phases etc. I'm scared the price will rack up.

How much would I expect to spend on creatine in the first month, or just in general? Is it extremely pricy and therefore not worth it?

It can be expensive yes. My PT told me not to worry about loading phases and just do the standard dosage.
Reply 4
Talk to your doctor first. It can be really bad for your kidneys and depending on where you buy it from you don’t know what else is in it.
it is getting a little more expensive but it's not outrageous. a 500g bag lasts me an easy 4-5 months and they're like £20 each. Some brands (like bulk) try to upsell you on extra purity nonsense but it's not worth it. If you have the cash I would recommend it though. You grow muscle significantly faster and squeezing out that last rep becomes easier.
Original post by Arconik

Reply 6
I think so the creatine is very expensive ..
it is expensive, and i go gym msyself and i used to take creatine, its worth it but when you stop taking for some time u will lose all that water. just stick to protein

Quick Reply

Latest