The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University - 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Yes! I agree! Im financing this all by myself. I have my advisor looking into things as well. Because we really shouldn't have to pay more for our stuff to be processed in time when it's not our fault. Im trying to wait until my visa application is atleast in, but i think im just going to buy it friday. I agree, i just want this part done and over with. I cant wait to be on the plane already with everything worked out. What are you going to be studying?

Original post by prettygin
Yeah, I'm looking at around $700 for a flight. I've checked a few times for flights within the next few days (to see what it can go up to in case it comes down to it!) and they go up to $1000+, it's crazy! Luckily I've looked into expediting the visa process and that's possible as well if time gets too short but I don't have the money for all these extra expenses. I wish I could just fast forward to a couple months from now and have all this over with!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Bealady03
Yes! I agree! Im financing this all by myself. I have my advisor looking into things as well. Because we really shouldn't have to pay more for our stuff to be processed in time when it's not our fault. Im trying to wait until my visa application is atleast in, but i think im just going to buy it friday. I agree, i just want this part done and over with. I cant wait to be on the plane already with everything worked out. What are you going to be studying?

Exactly, there's nothing we can do to speed things along! So frustrating. I think buying your ticket is a good idea - maybe you can get the insurance if it's not too much extra, just in case? I think that's what I might do, depending on the price. I'll be studying creative writing and English literature, what about you?
So ive recieved my CAS stuff. Still waiting on my loan letter pdf. I will be studying Fine Art. Ill be applying for my visa this weekend. Hopefully. Lol Did you do this process on your own or did you use a program?

Exactly, there's nothing we can do to speed things along! So frustrating. I think buying your ticket is a good idea - maybe you can get the insurance if it's not too much extra, just in case? I think that's what I might do, depending on the price. I'll be studying creative writing and English literature, what about you?
So ive recieved my CAS stuff. Still waiting on my loan letter pdf. I will be studying Fine Art. Ill be applying for my visa this weekend. Hopefully. Lol Did you do this process on your own or did you use a program?

Oh, I haven't even requested a CAS yet - I thought I had to wait until my loans were certified? Should I just apply now so I don't waste any more time? :/ I've been doing this all on my own so it's been really difficult to know what I'm supposed to do! But I've gotten this far so I should be okay :wink: What about you? Fine art sounds amazing! You said you're a grad student, right? So I'm assuming your undergrad was in fine art, as well?
I did this with Study Across the Pond. They are amazing, and gave me a scholarship as well. I did my undergrad in just Art with a minor in Education and Concentration in Africana Studies. STP really helped get the wheels moving. You shouldnt request your CAS before your loans are certified because they have to put that on your CAS, (I learned that after requesting mine without it) Im still waiting on my loan certification letter, though. I dont know whats going on with that...

Oh, I haven't even requested a CAS yet - I thought I had to wait until my loans were certified? Should I just apply now so I don't waste any more time? :/ I've been doing this all on my own so it's been really difficult to know what I'm supposed to do! But I've gotten this far so I should be okay :wink: What about you? Fine art sounds amazing! You said you're a grad student, right? So I'm assuming your undergrad was in fine art, as well?
I did this with Study Across the Pond. They are amazing, and gave me a scholarship as well. I did my undergrad in just Art with a minor in Education and Concentration in Africana Studies. STP really helped get the wheels moving. You shouldnt request your CAS before your loans are certified because they have to put that on your CAS, (I learned that after requesting mine without it) Im still waiting on my loan certification letter, though. I dont know whats going on with that...

Oh okay, that's good to know - so how have you gotten your CAS stuff without the letter? That's what I'm waiting for, as well...

The further I get into this process, the more I wish I had gone through a program like that! A scholarship as well, that's amazing!

A dreaded question, I know, but what do you want to do once you've gotten your degree?
I signed everything, but to be honest, i dont know. I think the US financial office is backed up or something. I and my advisor have been a nag though because ive had my stuff done since February. Ive been waiting on them for a while. Also after I get my Masters I want to get my PHd. The end goal is to be a professor of Art and Africana Studies. And yourself?

Oh okay, that's good to know - so how have you gotten your CAS stuff without the letter? That's what I'm waiting for, as well...

The further I get into this process, the more I wish I had gone through a program like that! A scholarship as well, that's amazing!

A dreaded question, I know, but what do you want to do once you've gotten your degree?
I signed everything, but to be honest, i dont know. I think the US financial office is backed up or something. I and my advisor have been a nag though because ive had my stuff done since February. Ive been waiting on them for a while. Also after I get my Masters I want to get my PHd. The end goal is to be a professor of Art and Africana Studies. And yourself?

Wow, that's so long!! I only started the process a few months ago, I can't imagine how frustrated and sick of waiting you must be! I bet it helps a lot to have an advisor, though, just so you have a better idea of how the whole process works. Either way, they sure don't make it easy...

That sounds amazing :smile: I'm completely undecided as to what I want to do. My real interests lie in music, if I'm completely honest, but I have no desire to study it. I have faith the right thing will come my way though and I have a few years to figure it out :smile:
Yes! You have no idea! Im ready to GO! Lol but, yes you do have time. It took me undergrad to figure out what my passion is. You have an advantage because if you decide to get your masters it will take you less time than in the US. In the long run you are saving yourself alot of money. And yes, this is a very difficult process. And they made it even harder as we went through. The application went from costing $500 to $1100, including the healthcare surcharge. Well more if youre staying longer. But i strongly believe it will be worth it in the end.

Wow, that's so long!! I only started the process a few months ago, I can't imagine how frustrated and sick of waiting you must be! I bet it helps a lot to have an advisor, though, just so you have a better idea of how the whole process works. Either way, they sure don't make it easy...

That sounds amazing :smile: I'm completely undecided as to what I want to do. My real interests lie in music, if I'm completely honest, but I have no desire to study it. I have faith the right thing will come my way though and I have a few years to figure it out :smile:
Yes! You have no idea! Im ready to GO! Lol but, yes you do have time. It took me undergrad to figure out what my passion is. You have an advantage because if you decide to get your masters it will take you less time than in the US. In the long run you are saving yourself alot of money. And yes, this is a very difficult process. And they made it even harder as we went through. The application went from costing $500 to $1100, including the healthcare surcharge. Well more if youre staying longer. But i strongly believe it will be worth it in the end.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it for now - when I get into my last year and still have no idea what I want to do, THEN I'll worry :P

Yes, there may be tons of hoops to jump through but it will definitely be worth all the trouble! The health surcharge is ridiculous, I mean I understand it but it's just more frustration. And as far as I can tell, you need to have paid the surcharge in order to request a CAS, but you need your CAS info to pay the surcharge? I'm looking forward to the upcoming chat to get some of these questions answered, at the very least.
Nope! They changed it again. You have to pay for the health surcharge with your visa application now. So they have to issue your CAS number to you first.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it for now - when I get into my last year and still have no idea what I want to do, THEN I'll worry :P

Yes, there may be tons of hoops to jump through but it will definitely be worth all the trouble! The health surcharge is ridiculous, I mean I understand it but it's just more frustration. And as far as I can tell, you need to have paid the surcharge in order to request a CAS, but you need your CAS info to pay the surcharge? I'm looking forward to the upcoming chat to get some of these questions answered, at the very least.
Nope! They changed it again. You have to pay for the health surcharge with your visa application now. So they have to issue your CAS number to you first.

Oh okay, good to know! Thank you :smile: Well, in that case I guess all there is to do right now is to keep waiting...
I hate waiting. I have no patience at all. Youll be arriving on the 15th right?

Oh okay, good to know! Thank you :smile: Well, in that case I guess all there is to do right now is to keep waiting...
I hate waiting. I have no patience at all. Youll be arriving on the 15th right?

Actually, I'd like to arrive a few weeks earlier, if possible. If I don't live in student housing I'll need some time to find a place to stay, and I have some friends I want to catch up with before I get too busy as well. But with the pace things are going at the moment, I might not have that much time!
Received a conditional offer for their MA in Public Relations and Corporate Communications program. Found out today! Woot!
Original post by Patty8919
Received a conditional offer for their MA in Public Relations and Corporate Communications program. Found out today! Woot!

Awesome!! Congratulations :smile:
Reply 196
Hey, i'm going to be travelling to uni from home by car, I was just wondering if there is free parking available for students on kingston hill campus who dont live in halls? :smile:
Getting so nervous now. There's so little time left and things are moving so slowly... I'm starting to doubt that I'll get everything in order in time :frown:
I got my stuff on Thursday and applied for visa friday. I emailed, my advisor emailed, basically was on them about my stuff. They weren't happy, but i got what i needed.
I got my stuff on Thursday and applied for visa friday. I emailed, my advisor emailed, basically was on them about my stuff. They weren't happy, but i got what i needed.

I emailed again yesterday and got an auto-response that their average response time is 5 days. Not helping my stress at all. I'm glad you got to apply for your visa, though! How was the process? Did it go okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending