The Student Room Group

Transfer into KCL or queen mary from a foundation year?

I am studying a science foundation year at Kingston University and tbh I do not like it here and I was wondering what kind of grades I would need to go through clearing. I'm probably going to get a 60%.
Is this a specific International Foundation program, or a Year 0 of a full degree for UK applicants?
Original post by McGinger
Is this a specific International Foundation program, or a Year 0 of a full degree for UK applicants?

year 0, it's a part of an integrated degree
Original post by scrollandquills
year 0, it's a part of an integrated degree

Foundation Year 0 courses are not stand-alone portable qualifications - they are Year 0 introduction for that degree at that University only. There is no standard syllabus for Year 0 courses, no national benchmarking and they are of very varying academic standard.

A top Uni like KCL or QMUL will not be interested in a Kingston Foundation course.
The A levels required for entry to the main degree at Kingston will not be anywhere near that required for those Unis and therefore the Kingston Foundation year will not have prepared you for a demanding competitive Uni - ie. you still have no evidence that you can study at the required high level.

Kingston's Foundation degrees will be appropriate for entry to parallel 'lower' Universities but the idea that you can use one to 'trade up' to a much higher University is unfortunately a school-leaver myth.
Reply 4
Original post by username5721190
I am studying a science foundation year at Kingston University and tbh I do not like it here and I was wondering what kind of grades I would need to go through clearing. I'm probably going to get a 60%.

were you able to tranfer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending