The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University - 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I emailed the main financial aid person. Also after freaking out and stressing about my stuff, the application part was easy. Plus my program gave me a step by step layout of wht to ut on each uestion. And they had webinars for us, so we could ask any questions. Heads u, its going to cost like $1200. Actually more ror you since youe staying 3yrs. And your bank is going to charge you international fees.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Bealady03
I emailed the main financial aid person. Also after freaking out and stressing about my stuff, the application part was easy. Plus my program gave me a step by step layout of wht to ut on each uestion. And they had webinars for us, so we could ask any questions. Heads u, its going to cost like $1200. Actually more ror you since youe staying 3yrs. And your bank is going to charge you international fees.

Could you tell me who you emailed? I think I've been emailing the same person, but I just want to be sure :smile:

That's good to hear that it was easy! It looks pretty straightforward so I'm hoping that's the case. Thanks for the heads up on the international charges, I hadn't even thought of that! The $1200 was including the NHS surcharge, right?
The Andrew guy. And ISAC. And yess including healthcare. My health care came out to $600 even, but youre staying 3 years and 4months. So it will be like $800 for you.
The Andrew guy. And ISAC. And yess including healthcare. My health care came out to $600 even, but youre staying 3 years and 4months. So it will be like $800 for you.

Okay yeah, that's who I've been emailing. And who I got the 5-day response time email from. Hopefully it goes a bit quicker. Thank you so much! I hope to hear good news re: your visa soon :smile:
Reply 204
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Gabi,

Thanks for waiting. I've been searching for answers for you, I have been advised that the only team that can help you is the international students team. I would suggest emailing them and making it clear that you have contacted accommodation, however, have been told to come back to them.

I can only sympathise, as I know how stressful it can be. I did have friends that came to uni for a semester and shared lodgings and they had a great time!

I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help!

Chloe
Student Ambassador

Okay thanks anyway Chloe!
Hello. Is anyone gonna study Human Rights here?
Original post by gabi_
Okay thanks anyway Chloe!

No worries Gabi. Is there anything else I can help you with at all?

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Reply 207
When is the deadline to apply for fall semester at Kingston university
Have you heard anything yet?

Original post by prettygin
Okay yeah, that's who I've been emailing. And who I got the 5-day response time email from. Hopefully it goes a bit quicker. Thank you so much! I hope to hear good news re: your visa soon :smile:
Have you heard anything yet?

Nope. :/ I tried calling yesterday but didn't get through. I'll try calling again on Monday if I still haven't heard back. I understand they're busy, but the last time I got a response was over a week ago, last Thursday. It's getting kind of ridiculous.
Wow! Thats crazy! Are you going to pay for priority service? Also fyi when you do the visa process, make sure you check your email as you are doing it. You will need the info in your email to properly fill out the Visa application. I ddnt know that...but its all good bc i caught it before I sent everything out.

Nope. :/ I tried calling yesterday but didn't get through. I'll try calling again on Monday if I still haven't heard back. I understand they're busy, but the last time I got a response was over a week ago, last Thursday. It's getting kind of ridiculous.
Wow! Thats crazy! Are you going to pay for priority service? Also fyi when you do the visa process, make sure you check your email as you are doing it. You will need the info in your email to properly fill out the Visa application. I ddnt know that...but its all good bc i caught it before I sent everything out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will just to be safe. If I haven't applied for the visa by the end of this coming week I'll be super worried, but I'll definitely be bugging them a lot until I get everything I need. Thanks so much for the heads up! I'll definitely keep an eye open for that, I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise! Have you gone to your biometrics appointment yet? I feel like you mentioned something about it before but I can't find the post, I must have made that up lol.
Yes, i have! It took like 5 mins to do. Also dont forget to bring your passport and the printout they tell you to print out, again lol in the email they send.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I will just to be safe. If I haven't applied for the visa by the end of this coming week I'll be super worried, but I'll definitely be bugging them a lot until I get everything I need. Thanks so much for the heads up! I'll definitely keep an eye open for that, I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise! Have you gone to your biometrics appointment yet? I feel like you mentioned something about it before but I can't find the post, I must have made that up lol.
Reply 213
Wth is yall talking about
Yes, i have! It took like 5 mins to do. Also dont forget to bring your passport and the printout they tell you to print out, again lol in the email they send.

Thanks! Awesome, that's good to hear. I have to go pretty far out of my way to get to my appointment so I'm glad it won't be a super long process! I'm hoping to hear that you've got your visa soon :biggrin:
Reply 215
Does anyone know how I can apply for a parking permit at Kingston hill campus? :smile:
Reply 216
Has anyone applied for Pharmacy with a foundation year?
Original post by Beni24
Does anyone know how I can apply for a parking permit at Kingston hill campus? :smile:

Hi Beni24,

Will you be living on Campus or commuting?

Student Ambassador
Reply 218
Original post by Kingston University
Hi Beni24,

Will you be living on Campus or commuting?

Student Ambassador

I will be commuting :smile:
Hey guys, has anybody applied for the Sustainable Development course? I'm going to try my luck in clearing and hopefully I can get a place.

Made a massive mistake in not applying for Kingston, applied for Cardiff instead to study Modern History & Politics, but even though the Uni is a great place, the course isn't really for me. I've studied Sustainable Development in two of my A-levels, World Development & Economics and find it really interesting and it is something I want to study.

Will have to go through private accommodation which is a slight downside, but hey-ho, I look forward to it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending