The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Freaky about all this dreams stuff! i had a dream i got an offer from Brunel (which i havent't applied to) and then i realised I'd applied by mistake and got really upset because it meant I'd forgotton to apply somewhere else. i actualy had to check my track when i woke up.

And still no offers, no one from my school has even got an inkling of an offer yet so I'm not too concerned yet but I REALLY want one. Has anyone got a rejection yet?

And why to Durham anw Warwick wait till next year to start looking at applications, surely they can estimate from last years stats how many offers they should be making and stuff, espescially since I'd geuss loads of Durham/Warwick peeps will have applied to Oxbridge, meaning I'd bet they have half their apps before October 15th.

I want an offer. Now.
There are over 100 Cambridge applicants on TSR this year. Then there's the other lot.

Hopefully not so many of us Oxonians :smile:
Francypants
Freaky about all this dreams stuff! i had a dream i got an offer from Brunel (which i havent't applied to) and then i realised I'd applied by mistake and got really upset because it meant I'd forgotton to apply somewhere else. i actualy had to check my track when i woke up.

And still no offers, no one from my school has even got an inkling of an offer yet so I'm not too concerned yet but I REALLY want one. Has anyone got a rejection yet?

And why to Durham anw Warwick wait till next year to start looking at applications, surely they can estimate from last years stats how many offers they should be making and stuff, espescially since I'd geuss loads of Durham/Warwick peeps will have applied to Oxbridge, meaning I'd bet they have half their apps before October 15th.

I want an offer. Now.

Yep. Theres been plenty of rejections in the rejections thread. About the dreams. Does anybody remember all the people who were having dreams before exam results day lol! It's a pretty similar scenario to this. Once i dreamt that i had to go to dinner with an examiner :eek:
Reply 1183
People who are worried because their application hasn't been sent yet (Malfoy!) - stop worrying!!! There's still plenty of time. I'm the only person in my school whose applications been sent! Only one other persons anywhere near ready!
Reply 1184
fair enough BEX :biggrin:
Southampton have like stopped giving offers out. No one seems to have had an offer from them in ages. :frown:
Reply 1186
*Sparkle*
Southampton have like stopped giving offers out. No one seems to have had an offer from them in ages. :frown:

ah youre a biochemist i see, one of my mates is going for it needless to say shes going for places like manchester, liverpool, leeds,sheffiled when shes predicted bcc:rolleyes:
Francypants

I want an offer. Now.

Exactly, I remember last year, when certain posters were on the verge of suicide because they hadn't heard from Warwick even though they had applied early.

I want to hear from Durham/Warwick too. :frown:
Reply 1188
LOL i like the song
Reply 1189
Roberto Tomato
Exactly, I remember last year, when certain posters were on the verge of suicide because they hadn't heard from Warwick even though they had applied early.

I want to hear from Durham/Warwick too. :frown:

Durham's my favourite!!! I can't wait til 2007. And after my probable Cambridge rejection, I don't want to wait even longer for a Durham rejection :redface:
Reply 1190
did you get rejected at cambrdige nicki?
Reply 1191
malfoy
did you get rejected at cambrdige nicki?

Oh no, I meant, I just think I will...!

Am currently waiting for an offer to interview, eeeek!
NickiM
Oh no, I meant, I just think I will...!

Am currently waiting for an offer to interview, eeeek!

Lol everybody keeps making that mistake! Do you know if the first bout of rejections comes at the same time as interview offerings? If so, do you have any ideas when this is :confused:
Reply 1193
Nathan_Ley3
Lol everybody keeps making that mistake! Do you know if the first bout of rejections comes at the same time as interview offerings? If so, do you have any ideas when this is :confused:

For Cambridge, I think that all the letters go out after Christmas, ahhhh!
Reply 1194
It depends, the people they think don't stand a chance of getting an offer (which doesn't apply to many people) will get rejected in November, when the interview letters are given out.
hi guyz....hope u get accepted at all 6.....jus wondering...on my UCAS application my gcse grades are not in chronological order...got ACCBBAA etc...will that make a difference...will ucas change it b4 they send it off to uni...im kinda worried...
Reply 1196
That would be alphabetical, not chronological :smile: and no i dont think it will be changed, but the admissions tutors are generally clever enough to rearrange them into AAABBCC.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had an offer on either a saturday or a sunday? If the admissions people don't work on weekends that means all us Track addicts can have two days off a week!
NickiM
For Cambridge, I think that all the letters go out after Christmas, ahhhh!

Final offer/rejection things for oxford go out just before christmas. Usually on christmas eve :eek:
That would be alphabetical, not chronological :smile: and no i dont think it will be changed, but the admissions tutors are generally clever enough to rearrange them into AAABBCC.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone had an offer on either a saturday or a sunday? If the admissions people don't work on weekends that means all us Track addicts can have two days off a week!

A couple of people got Manchester offers yesterday.
whhhoops my bad...alphabetical...wat wz i thinking lol...imma moomin..hey 1 more thing...i got my gcse date wrong for PE...will that have some effect on my application?...and no offers are not generally made on weekends as the tutors have a lifel..lol..:smile: ....they make take the documentations home with them...but offers are not updated until the first working day:p: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending