The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA:applied for creative writing got offer for English?

Hi, my friend is in a situation where they applied for the English with creative writing course at East Anglia, but has just received an offer for the single English Literature degree (which they didn't apply for!)...why have UEA done this? The grade requirements for the course they applied for was AAA, whilst the second one they got an offer for was AAB... Could this be why? Any help as to what my friend should do would be great, as it's their top choice!:smile:
I believe this means your friend has been unsuccessful for English with Creative Writing but they are happy to accept them on single honours.

If your friend wants to find out more, I would advise emailing the admissions dept. to clarify.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by MNem
Hi, my friend is in a situation where they applied for the English with creative writing course at East Anglia, but has just received an offer for the single English Literature degree (which they didn't apply for!)...why have UEA done this? The grade requirements for the course they applied for was AAA, whilst the second one they got an offer for was AAB... Could this be why? Any help as to what my friend should do would be great, as it's their top choice!:smile:

Because English Literature with Creative Writing is insanely competitive at UEA so entry is tougher for that than English Lit. Your friend obviously didn't quite meet the requirements for Lit & Creative Writing but they still wanted her. Your friend needs to decide if shes happy to do straight lit at UEA or go to another one of her unis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending