The Student Room Group

Open Uni or UCLAN?

Would like to do English Lit with Creative Writing part time due to family commitments at home. Completed Access to HE: Humanities and Social Science with very good marks. Tried to see if I could apply for English Lit with Creative Writing at Lancaster Uni (30 minutes drive from home) but they only offer it as a full time course and they did not recommend me applying for it because of the number of study hours needed. Open Uni can offer this course where I can do it all from home but would really like to get access to university facilities for study references hence I thought about the next closest uni which is UCLAN in Preston (1 hour drive). Just wanted to hear your opinion about these two options. Thank you.
Original post by Tulvander12
Would like to do English Lit with Creative Writing part time due to family commitments at home. Completed Access to HE: Humanities and Social Science with very good marks. Tried to see if I could apply for English Lit with Creative Writing at Lancaster Uni (30 minutes drive from home) but they only offer it as a full time course and they did not recommend me applying for it because of the number of study hours needed. Open Uni can offer this course where I can do it all from home but would really like to get access to university facilities for study references hence I thought about the next closest uni which is UCLAN in Preston (1 hour drive). Just wanted to hear your opinion about these two options. Thank you.

Hi there!

I've had a chat with one of our current students who is studying on the English Lit with Creative writing course. We do offer it part time here at UCLan which I think is what you were after from your degree.
Choosing a university is a personal choice so I would definitely recommend coming to an open day to have a chat with our tutors on the course to see if it is right for you!

I currently commute about an hour each day to university / placement and I don't mind it too much, the drive often gives you chance to switch off from the day!

If you have any questions, let me know below!

-Rebecca, UCLan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending