The Student Room Group

Depression; question about switching programs

The program I am in right now is Computer Science. I'm not bad at it, but I am currently surrounded by people who are not good for me and I've developed this social anxiety that prevents me from talking normally to people inside this school. I've had depression for as long as I can remember, but was able to handle it until now.

I've decided to withdraw from this program, but there's a chance I might apply for another program in another school after some time to recover (where my social life isn't completely turd), but due to recent events, I have a lot of courses that are not in good academic standing (there will be a lot of fails). And the new program I am applying for will be related to programming (3D animation and gaming development or something along those lines). So here are my questions:

1. Will I be able to drop out and reapply at another university?
2. I am taking OSAP and RESP, what will happen to that?
3. Since I'm going to be applying for a program that may be sort of related to the current one, will my marks in this school affect my chances of admission in another university given my current condition?

That's it for now, I might have more questions later. Please answer as soon as possible :[ It's almost exam time and I'm not sure what to do. I have not been able to focus.
(edited 9 years ago)
There's no reason why you can't drop out and apply. In fact, if the program is offered at your current uni, would that be another option?
Reply 2
Ah, it's just that my school doesn't really have the program I'm looking for. And if they did, it didn't catch my eye. There certainly aren't very many game development or animating courses here.

Do you think the fails on my transcript might affect my admission in other universities/colleges though? I definitely do have the medical documents that support my issues right now, but I just don't know if they'd let me in after seeing my current marks Y: I don't know what post secondaries look for after you've been to a post secondary.

Also I'm a Canadian Resident in Ontario and I miiiight go out of province, but mostly plan to stay in province for education. I'm staying in Canada for sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending