The Student Room Group

URGENT! Question about applying for another degree to transfer after first year.

I am in my first year studying a certain course A at KCL. In January, I applied via UCAS to study course B at LSE (because I was considering a career change) and I got an offer from course B at LSE. The deadline to accept or decline the offer is June 8th (today). I’m still not sure whether I want to switch to course B at LSE or stay with course A at KCL. I’m still leaning towards sticking with course A at KCL but I’m going to be undergoing work experience in August which will help me make my decision.
Would it be possible to just accept the LSE offer now (so it doesn’t go away) and then do my work experience in August and then if I don’t like the work experience, just tell LSE that I don’t want to come anymore or does accepting my LSE offer mean that I am automatically made to quit KCL?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Hi there! It sounds like you're facing a tough decision about your academic future. It's great that you've received an offer from course B at LSE, but I understand why you're still considering whether to switch.

To answer your question, accepting an offer from LSE does not automatically mean that you have to quit KCL. However, it's essential to remember that you only want to accept an offer from LSE if you're fully committed to attending their program. It's unfair to LSE or yourself to accept an offer to hold onto it in case something else doesn't work out.

It's great that you'll be undergoing work experience in August, as this will give you a better idea of what you want to do. I suggest taking some time to consider your options and weigh the pros and cons of each program. Speaking with academic advisors or career counsellors at both universities is also a good idea to get their input.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. Just remember to be honest with yourself and with LSE about your intentions. You don't want to stain your reputation. Good luck!
Original post by revolutionary360
I am in my first year studying a certain course A at KCL. In January, I applied via UCAS to study course B at LSE (because I was considering a career change) and I got an offer from course B at LSE. The deadline to accept or decline the offer is June 8th (today). I’m still not sure whether I want to switch to course B at LSE or stay with course A at KCL. I’m still leaning towards sticking with course A at KCL but I’m going to be undergoing work experience in August which will help me make my decision.
Would it be possible to just accept the LSE offer now (so it doesn’t go away) and then do my work experience in August and then if I don’t like the work experience, just tell LSE that I don’t want to come anymore or does accepting my LSE offer mean that I am automatically made to quit KCL?

Did you mention the fact you were at KCL in your application or did you leave it out? and are you still going to LSE?
Original post by chizzlebelizzle
Did you mention the fact you were at KCL in your application or did you leave it out? and are you still going to LSE?

You MUST list a full education history in your UCAS application.

Lying on your UCAS application by withholding information makes your entire application technically fraudulent and liable to being withdrawn at any point.

Universities will find out about previous study. Sometimes that’s after you enrol onto a degree and so risks being withdrawn from the course after paying tuition fees.
Original post by PQ
You MUST list a full education history in your UCAS application.

Lying on your UCAS application by withholding information makes your entire application technically fraudulent and liable to being withdrawn at any point.

Universities will find out about previous study. Sometimes that’s after you enrol onto a degree and so risks being withdrawn from the course after paying tuition fees.

I didn’t at any point hint towards doing any of that
I only asked to know whether they factored in the fact she was at kcl into their decision not because i want to go off and start lying on a ucas application jeez
I didn’t at any point hint towards doing any of that
I only asked to know whether they factored in the fact she was at kcl into their decision not because i want to go off and start lying on a ucas application jeez

No,’you asked whether they left it out of their application, not whether it factored into the unis admissions decision. I don’t know how else to interpret what you asked.
Original post by Admit-One
No,’you asked whether they left it out of their application, not whether it factored into the unis admissions decision. I don’t know how else to interpret what you asked.

you didn’t respond to my initial comment though , someone else did and even then i wasn’t talking to them
it’s a pretty harmless question to ask and why interpret it immediately as an attempt to see whether one can lie on a ucas application or not?
you didn’t respond to my initial comment though , someone else did and even then i wasn’t talking to them
it’s a pretty harmless question to ask and why interpret it immediately as an attempt to see whether one can lie on a ucas application or not?

Because you straight up asked whether someone else lied on theirs.

Did you mention the fact you were at KCL in your application or did you leave it out?

i asked if she mentioned it or not , cus someone else on here did the same thing but didn’t mention they were at another uni and still got an offer from warwick anyway
i still see no harm in asking
(edited 6 months ago)

it rlly ain’t deep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending