The Student Room Group

Psychology at Swansea uni

Hi I am thinking of studying psychology at Swansea uni. Just wondered about the course there and Swansea in general.
What is the actual uni like, town, student life and things to do there? I get the impression of a few people that it is quite isolated?
It looks really good so I am really keen on going I just wanted an honest opinion of people who go there now.
Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Original post by Phoebe_
Hi I am thinking of studying psychology at Swansea uni. Just wondered about the course there and Swansea in general.
What is the actual uni like, town, student life and things to do there? I get the impression of a few people that it is quite isolated?
It looks really good so I am really keen on going I just wanted an honest opinion of people who go there now.
Thanks

Hello, Swansea University is a campus university a few miles from the city centre. It has an excellent location directly opposite the beach! The students really like the friendly campus feel and everything you need is easily accessible. Do you have any other questions about the University?
Reply 3
Hi there :smile:

I didn't go there myself but my sister did and she loved it! she still lives there 4 years after completing her degree and still loves Swansea as a place... the nightlife is pretty awesome with most bars/pubs/clubs being on wind street (or something like that) in the city centre - Cardiff is a brilliant night out too so you can always save up some money and head there on the train for a night out with some people too? lots of part time job opportunities for whilst youre studying too if you chose to do so :smile: 'm actually hoping to transfer to either Swansea uni or Cardiff uni myself for my 2nd year! Hope this helped a little :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest