The Student Room Group

You will never defeat Islamic terrorism- the problem is embedded within the religion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Catholic_
Islam is a religion that bites hard everytime when asked a simple question.

Islam is walking all over Christian values and the UK.

That's because Muslims actually want to defend their religion unlike majority of Christians who don't give a crap if any of their religious values are offended.
Reply 21
Original post by pickup
The mistake is to group all Muslims together (ditto all Christians, all Catholics, all Protestants, all Jews, all Buddhists, all Atheists, all Sikhs etc. There are decent reasonable people in all these religions and non religions. Common sense says no doubt better people within the Muslim faith than some Christians, some Jews , some Protestants etc. (We can all give examples of some pretty awful people within any grouping.)

Indeed many of all these groups don't take on board all the tenets of their religion but pick and choose like all Catholics don't refuse to practice birth control just because their religion says they should.

Often we have a lot to learn and gain by listening to what others say about our beliefs and culture. Thus is how we get a new slant on ourselves and bring in improvements. Any culture that can't do this is a dead culture.

Look at the map mate..... does that look like just a few rogue Muslims? 60 COUNTRIES!
Reply 22
Original post by Bram123
That's because Muslims actually want to defend their religion unlike majority of Christians who don't give a crap if any of their religious values are offended.

Which is the road to being obsessed.....
Original post by Catholic_
Islam is a religion that bites hard everytime when asked a simple question.

Islam is walking all over Christian values and the UK.

I don't think 'Christian Values' are under threat or attack as much as you people think.
Original post by Bram123

Muslims aren't trying to defend their religion. They're trying to Establish it as the law of the land.
Original post by billydisco
Look at the map mate..... does that look like just a few rogue Muslims? 60 COUNTRIES!

Not saying that the extremism doesn't exist in all those countries but it doesn't mean it's widespread in all those countries. I highly doubt the majority of Muslims would follow the extremists in much the same way I doubt many white Americans would follow the KKK.
Original post by thunder_chunky
I don't think 'Christian Values' are under threat or attack as much as you people think.

You wouldn't realize it if it was because it's not 'correct'. Nor does it favour popular opinions (i.e - Bias/Stereotypes) about religion. It's not whether you believe it's true but whether you like the point + B you psychological view on religion as a whole.
Reply 27
Original post by emtheelf
Not saying that the extremism doesn't exist in all those countries but it doesn't mean it's widespread in all those countries. I highly doubt the majority of Muslims would follow the extremists in much the same way I doubt many white Americans would follow the KKK.

How many were "protesting" ie killing when that Danish guy mocked Mohammed in a cartoon?
Reply 28
Title says it all really.

How many countries have experienced Islamic extremism since 2001?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism)

About 60-70. So, quite a few.... :rolleyes:

When you have so many countries, scattered across so many different continents, this isn't a local issue- this is a problem with the religion itself. This isn't about politics- we don't hear the ISIS leadership mentioning words like "oil", its about eradicating infidels. They want Islam to rule the world.

I think the only way we are going to protect ourselves is to have a divide whereby those who want to follow Islam live on one side of the divide and the rest of us live on the other side.

The world throughout history has managed to struggle through conflicts cloaked within the banners of belief, and no doubt will do so again.

The picture of us and them you paint is far bleaker than what will no doubt be the eventual outcome; if Europe somehow managed to be rebuilt post the thirty years war I am sure, in the long term, it will deal with the perceived current difficulties, which are minor in the extreme compared with earlier conflicts.

A world of isolation, as you appear to suggest, is a world of mistrust where coming to a form of compromise will probably take even longer.
Reply 29
Original post by DJKL
The world throughout history has managed to struggle through conflicts cloaked within the banners of belief, and no doubt will do so again.

Did they ram multiculturalism down cultures' throats throughout history?
Reply 30
Did they ram multiculturalism down cultures' throats throughout history?

No, the norm was just to kill all of dissenting opinion: However the Romans managed for extended periods to deal with multiculturalism, to a degree.

I prefer choice over coercion when considering beliefs; history does teach us that any other approach invariably does not work and it then collapses.

It is why I am possibly more tolerant of the excesses of other cultures; we in Western Europe have been there, done that and got the T shirt.

Our current moral high ground has been achieved over hundreds of years by killing, maiming and deporting those of differing beliefs over hundreds of years.

The biblical quotation regarding casting the first stone, or the more secular reference to people in glass houses, ought possibly to be in our minds.
Reply 31
Original post by DJKL
No, the norm was just to kill all of dissenting opinion: However the Romans managed for extended periods to deal with multiculturalism, to a degree.

I prefer choice over coercion when considering beliefs; history does teach us that any other approach invariably does not work and it then collapses.

It is why I am possibly more tolerant of the excesses of other cultures; we in Western Europe have been there, done that and got the T shirt.

Our current moral high ground has been achieved over hundreds of years by killing, maiming and deporting those of differing beliefs over hundreds of years.

The biblical quotation regarding casting the first stone, or the more secular reference to people in glass houses, ought possibly to be in our minds.

Just wait and see- as the Muslim population in the UK grows you will see more and more problems. Save this post- it'll be true within 15-20 years...
Reply 32
Just wait and see- as the Muslim population in the UK grows you will see more and more problems. Save this post- it'll be true within 15-20 years...

I was alive at that time Enoch Powell gave his "Rivers of Blood" speech, albeit a bit young to be politically active; people always predict the future with the worst possible outcome, reality tends to be slightly less extreme.

I am not saying there will not be issues, there have always been issues when cultures rub against each other, but an iron curtain divide is unlikely to solve these issues.
Original post by Moosferatu
Go and live in Israel, they'll love you there.

You do realise that the majority of the Arab population of Israel are Muslims, right?
International Jewry has done more damage to the world than Islamic extremists have. I wont blame Zionism, because that to me is political correctness and truth is they were up to the same tricks long before Zionism ever was created.Difference between Judaism compared to Islam and Christianity is these religions do not discriminate. Judaism is for Jews (a people, like blacks, arabs, whites) only. With the exception of a few gentile who intermarried with Jews. I don't think Jews should even be called Jews unless they practice Judaism. Call them Semites instead.
Reply 35
Original post by DJKL
I was alive at that time Enoch Powell gave his "Rivers of Blood" speech, albeit a bit young to be politically active; people always predict the future with the worst possible outcome, reality tends to be slightly less extreme.

I am not saying there will not be issues, there have always been issues when cultures rub against each other, but an iron curtain divide is unlikely to solve these issues.

and Enoch Powell was completely correct.

Would you call London a successful immigration project? It seems like 90% of all fatal stabbings involve either a black victim or perpetrator. What about all these schemes to keep kids out of gangs? I don't see white kids in Newcastle or Glasgow needing such schemes. The problem is in their culture.

The only successful immigration to this country has been Indian immigration.

Wait till the Muslim population increases in proportion and they start demanding sharia law. What are we going to do in 200 years when the Muslim population is equal to the non-Muslim?

There are no pretty solutions to this problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Title says it all really.

How many countries have experienced Islamic extremism since 2001?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism)

About 60-70. So, quite a few.... :rolleyes:

When you have so many countries, scattered across so many different continents, this isn't a local issue- this is a problem with the religion itself. This isn't about politics- we don't hear the ISIS leadership mentioning words like "oil", its about eradicating infidels. They want Islam to rule the world.

I think the only way we are going to protect ourselves is to have a divide whereby those who want to follow Islam live on one side of the divide and the rest of us live on the other side.

this map cannot be correct, it should be entirely red apart from south america and the north and south poles.
islamic extremism exists, because the islamic world doesnt want to curb it, its used as a weapon against the west. its only ht e non islamic world that can fight it ( and actually does) - there are 1+ billion muslims in the world, which countries are fighting against ISIS for example?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending