The Student Room Group

Living on campus

Okay so hey guys I will be starting uni next year September :biggrin: and want to live on campus. I'm a Muslim girl who wears the headscarf but I'm not religious religious.. would you guys feel uncomfortable living with one? sorry haha!! just curious so I know what to expect!:colondollar:
Original post by sarahelx
Okay so hey guys I will be starting uni next year September :biggrin: and want to live on campus. I'm a Muslim girl who wears the headscarf but I'm not religious religious.. would you guys feel uncomfortable living with one? sorry haha!! just curious so I know what to expect!:colondollar:

As long as you don't like force people to follow a religion, I shouldn't see a problem.

Though a lot of people may want to go and drink or whatever, so maybe that could be a problem?
Reply 2
YOU ARE ALLOWED? OH WOW. I'd never be allowed lol.
Original post by sarskinz

It's pretty but you are right, many young women aren't allowed by family members. Pretty sad.
Reply 4

Haha! yeah I was surprised I was allowed to :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
As long as you don't like force people to follow a religion, I shouldn't see a problem.

Though a lot of people may want to go and drink or whatever, so maybe that could be a problem?

Haha no I'd never do that! and your right :frown:( Hmmmmmmm
Reply 6
It's pretty but you are right, many young women aren't allowed by family members. Pretty sad.

I don't think I'd be able to anyway, I'm too used to my family anyway. But I wonder how it feels though.

I wouldn't mind so long as you were friendly and we didn't have a personality clash, the same as for any person. I tend to get on with most people though :smile:

Try not to worry to much and speak and get to know as many people as you can and just be yourself.
I don't think I'd be able to anyway, I'm too used to my family anyway. But I wonder how it feels though.

I wonder. Hopefully next year I will know :biggrin:

Haha no I'd never do that! and your right :frown:( Hmmmmmmm

DW about it. I honestly don't think people will care, quite a few people don't even drink!
Reply 9
Original post by SilverstarDJ
I wouldn't mind so long as you were friendly and we didn't have a personality clash, the same as for any person. I tend to get on with most people though :smile:

Try not to worry to much and speak and get to know as many people as you can and just be yourself.

Thankyou :smile: and yeah me too I get on with most people x
Reply 10
I wonder. Hopefully next year I will know :biggrin:

DW about it. I honestly don't think people will care, quite a few people don't even drink!

Thankyou so much for replying lol!! x
Thankyou so much for replying lol!! x

Don't sweat it!

No not at all, I could imagine people from areas of the UK which aren't diverse to maybe ask why you wear a headscarf and assuming you don't drink, not realise that and then ask, but it would be curiosity not hostility. Just as long as you are happy to accept that your flatmates would be drinking e.c.t
As long as you don't try and stop people eating pig meat and drinking (hell you could even go out with them you don't have to drink) you'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wouldn't bother me.
well personal i really wouldn't care i would still talk to you we may even become friends or lovers (you never know) if you are really worried i think some uni's offer muslim halls or something if you do decide to go out (no you don't have to drink if you go out) i would recommend losing the hijab just for the night as it means that you will blend in a little more of couse thats just a suggestion it's up to you good luck in uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending