The Student Room Group

Applying privately...

Hey. So I dropped out last month, didn't like my course etc etc. I want to reapply, but I understand that the procedure will be different as I'm not at college anymore, so I would essentially be doing it by myself? What exactly is the process?
Reply 1
It's not hard at all, I also applied by myself. You fill in the empty fields (you'll know what to enter, they're related to you + they explain what each and every box is about when you click on the '?' sign next to it + there are explaining articles online). When it comes to the refference you'll have to find someone, an ex teacher. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by iama
It's not hard at all, I also applied by myself. You fill in the empty fields (you'll know what to enter, they're related to you + they explain what each and every box is about when you click on the '?' sign next to it + there are explaining articles online). When it comes to the refference you'll have to find someone, an ex teacher. :smile:

Thank you! :smile: I have my reference from last year, do you know if I can upload that one? Or do they actually need to contact my old tutor?
Reply 3
Original post by Zuki
Thank you! :smile: I have my reference from last year, do you know if I can upload that one? Or do they actually need to contact my old tutor?

My pleasure :biggrin: It is possible to do it, but forbidden, you shouldn't. You have to put down you referee's contact details, they send a mail there with a link, and the referee puts the text down. So you have the duty to not give any fake address (your aplication could be canceled if found out). You contact an ex teacher,entry their data and they can copy paste that reference that you already have, I don't see any issue with that. You can persuade someone from your last school to help you by telling them that it is a very simple and quick process (if the letter is already done), they can literally be done with everything is 5-10 min.
Reply 4
Original post by iama
My pleasure :biggrin: It is possible to do it, but forbidden, you shouldn't. You have to put down you referee's contact details, they send a mail there with a link, and the referee puts the text down. So you have the duty to not give any fake address (your aplication could be canceled if found out). You contact an ex teacher,entry their data and they can copy paste that reference that you already have, I don't see any issue with that. You can persuade someone from your last school to help you by telling them that it is a very simple and quick process (if the letter is already done), they can literally be done with everything is 5-10 min.

Awesome :smile: Thanks again! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Speak to your desired referee asap. If it's a previous school they may ask you to reapply through them (like you first applied) rather than applying as an individual

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending