The Student Room Group

Oxford College

Hi, I am thinking about apply to merton college at oxford. But I can not seem to find how student life is and if merton is for private school kids and if there are any disadvantages. I would just like to know more about merton. I am going to the open day this September but i would just like to know from previous students or even current student how merton is as a college.
Original post by student0515
Hi, I am thinking about apply to merton college at oxford. But I can not seem to find how student life is and if merton is for private school kids and if there are any disadvantages. I would just like to know more about merton. I am going to the open day this September but i would just like to know from previous students or even current student how merton is as a college.

What’s wrong with private school kids?
Reply 3
nothing is wrong with private school kids it's just that I want to know how diverse and comfortable people are at Merton.
Reply 4
Hi, Merton is known for being quite an academic college. There is more pressure than perhaps some other colleges to focus on academic results (sometimes at the expense of leisure, extra clubs etc). But it's beautiful and there are some lovely people there. As far as I know (current student but at a different college) it's pretty welcoming to both private and state school students. You can read the admissions statistics by college here: https://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-figures/admissions-statistics/undergraduate-students
Reply 5
guys thank you for the information but I have decided to apply to Merton I don't what appeals to me, but I don't know where else to apply.
Reply 6
It's the place where 'fun goes to die'
Original post by Sakai04
It's the place where 'fun goes to die'

Wrong. Fun doesn't go there at all
Reply 8
Original post by liverninthered

Wrong. Fun doesn't go there at all

Very true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending