The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Erm, male contraceptive pill wouldn't protect from STI's, so you couldn't do without them altogether. Unless youre in a relationship where you both know you're clean, and then the female pill does the same job already...

Well, yes, assuming we're talking about a relationship or a situation where you both aren't worried about STIs, I'd definitely get on the pill so I could go raw all the time. Much better for both of us.
Reply 41
Guffy
Well, yes, assuming we're talking about a relationship or a situation where you both aren't worried about STIs, I'd definitely get on the pill so I could go raw all the time. Much better for both of us.

But my point is, this is already possible with the female pill/implant/injection. So why wait? The male pill just seems a bit pointless, i didn't realise it was a problem that needed a solution...
But my point is, this is already possible with the female pill/implant/injection. So why wait? The male pill just seems a bit pointless, i didn't realise it was a problem that needed a solution...

because atm its purely the womans decision about what contaception to use. when that comes out the guys will have an option.
Reply 43

Some women can't take the pill for various reasons, and this way I could be sure that I was doing my best to make sure that I was unable to conceive, whilst retaining the pleasure that unprotected sex gives you that sex with a condom deprives you of.
Talya
And, let me guess, you expect your gf to take the pill? :rolleyes:
So.. you'd rather it be ruined by the endless sleepless nights and exposure to germs a baby would cause? :smile:

WTF are you talking about. condoms work fine and I'd pull out and hopefull the girl will be on the pill. I still won't have babies unless I want babies. I'm just not taking the pill.

I said in an earlier post I don't EXPECT any girl to do anything. Its her choice.
I'm on the pill myself actually and if us girls can take it (1 in 3 girls are on it apparently), why should it be a problem for most guys to take it too?

Its good if the girl and the guy are on both using contraceptive pills. In that way the chances of pregnancy will be reduced even further. If one fails one should work. Also instead of using the female contraceptive pill and condoms (going double dutch) you could go triple dutch instead, male pill, female pill and condom.

I would never trust condoms alone. Apparently thats how my mum concieved me (yes we talk openly) but I was wanted when she found out.
Reply 46
No, I'd give it a pass.
Yeh I've had a huge number of condoms split with me, main reason why I went on the pill in the first place, booo condoms bad. Also, if I'm honest, nothing quite takes the passion out of sex like the smell of latex *shudders
Purple-Sparkle
I don't think many guys would take it to be honest but it will be interesting to find out. They expect us to take it plus most are bad with any type of pill.
And you expect us to were condoms.
matt@internet

they have proven that having sperm in the vagina, causes cervical cancer- pretty good reason to make you wear em imo!
Reply 50
unfinished sympathy
they have proven that having sperm in the vagina, causes cervical cancer

Source?!
matt@internet

*waves a femedom at mat*
Reply 52
Well some women don't want to take the pill. I don't.
So if someone wants unprotected sex with me this would be one of the only option they'd have.
The_Bear
Condoms are 100% effective if you aren't a ******.

Actually, even with perfect use condoms still have a 2% failure rate (i.e. if 100 women have sex regularly for a year using condoms as the only method of contraception, two will get pregnant). And with typical use it is a 15% failure rate, which really isn't that great in my opinion.

unfinished sympathy
they have proven that having sperm in the vagina, causes cervical cancer- pretty good reason to make you wear em imo!

What you have said is a gross distortion of the research -- for the BBC article see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5303054.stm. The research has not shown that semen causes cervical cancer, rather that it may (note the indefinite) fuel the growth of cervical cancer if the woman already has it. However note the expert who says "the likelihood of any unprotected sex affecting the successful outcome of their treatment is considered slight", so even then it's not necessarily a big issue.

As for the question, unless there were unacceptable side effects I don't see any reason at all why I wouldn't take the pill. However if I were a girl I don't think I'd trust a man to take it, so I'd imagine it'd mainly be used in combination with another form of contraception.
Reply 54
Alexander
Actually, even with perfect use condoms still have a 2% failure rate (i.e. if 100 women have sex regularly for a year using condoms as the only method of contraception, two will get pregnant). And with typical use it is a 15% failure rate, which really isn't that great in my opinion.

What you have said is a gross distortion of the research -- for the BBC article see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5303054.stm. The research has not shown that semen causes cervical cancer, rather that it may (note the indefinite) fuel the growth of cervical cancer if the woman already has it. However note the expert who says "the likelihood of any unprotected sex affecting the successful outcome of their treatment is considered slight", so even then it's not necessarily a big issue.

As for the question, unless there were unacceptable side effects I don't see any reason at all why I wouldn't take the pill. However if I were a girl I don't think I'd trust a man to take it, so I'd imagine it'd mainly be used in combination with another form of contraception.

Very well said- If my man wants to use the pill, then I'd be very happy for him to. In combination with other forms of contraception it can't be a bad thing, plus not all men are forgetful, just some of them!!
high priestess fnord
*waves a femedom at mat*
Well I've never heard anyone on here claiming they use a femdom. It just seems that it's always the bloke wearing one.
matt@internet
Well I've never heard anyone on here claiming they use a femdom. It just seems that it's always the bloke wearing one.

thats because they are even worse than condoms in every respect.

yes a condom technically goes on the guy but thats only so that it stays on, its actually sits between the partners and is far more a joint responsibilitythan the pill/patch/implant etc
Yeh, and in my experience it's usually the woman who puts the condom on the man, so its definitely a joint venture.
squigaletta
Yeh, and in my experience it's usually the woman who puts the condom on the man, so its definitely a joint venture.

i was going to add that but i had absolutely no idea if other women did it too or wether it was just me :smile:
Talya
Source?!

the sun :p: but it must be true imean theyre foreign object in your body... why shouldnt it cause problems for the female body

Latest

Trending

Trending