The Student Room Group

is doing the deed scary?

I'm not scared of it like my body sort of way but more abt getting pregnant. How effective is a condom? Is it common that they rip or leak bc im scared of that happening. ik i could go on the morning after pill but im scared that i might take it too late or it wont work. also im scared of the side effects. idk much about all that stuff. its not like im planning on doing it anytime soon but idk how people around me just relax if they havent used protection or they dont have any second thoughts abt it
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not scared of it like my body sort of way but more abt getting pregnant. How effective is a condom? Is it common that they rip or leak bc im scared of that happening. ik i could go on the morning after pill but im scared that i might take it too late or it wont work. also im scared of the side effects. idk much about all that stuff. its not like im planning on doing it anytime soon but idk how people around me just relax if they havent used protection or they dont have any second thoughts abt it

Condoms are effective if put on properly most of them break because they are not put on correctly
Reply 2
Original post by Heaven girl
Condoms are effective if put on properly most of them break because they are not put on correctly

damn that doesn't help my fear. gonna have to stay a virgin for life then
Original post by Anonymous
damn that doesn't help my fear. gonna have to stay a virgin for life then

Well try and get over your fears and do it trust me you will feel better once you've done it
Condoms are effective and reliable when worn properly. I've only had one split in over ten years of being sexually active. We noticed when changing positions, got a new one, had a quick check-in to make sure we were both comfortable continuing (it did take us out of the moment briefly), then carried on.

If you are concerned about pregnancy then go and talk with your GP about your contraceptive options. Condoms are effective, yes, but many people use them in conjunction with hormonal contraceptives (e.g. the pill, depo pravera shot, implant, IUD, etc) for additional security. My partner views it as having more agency over her own fertility and sexuality. Keep in mind that if you and your GP decide hormonal contraceptives are right for you that it is advisable to continue using barrier protection such as condoms to prevent against sexually transmitted infections. Many people in long-term relationships will forego them after STI testing, but it is good to practice caution until you reach that stage.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending