The Student Room Group

Ford Ka AUX Input

Hello, I have had my Ford Ka for a while now and I recently got a new phone, a Galaxy S5, however the USB on my new phone are not compatible with my cars US settings and therefore cannot play music through my car speakers via USB. Does anyone know if my car has a AUX-IN port in the car I have looked everywhere and cannot find it? Help much appreciated. My car is a 12 plate Ford Ka Zetec 1.2 3dr.
Reply 1
Check near the cigarette lighter or the glovebox, this is where they are usually are.

Also check the car manual if you have it.
Reply 2
Original post by Feraz
Check near the cigarette lighter or the glovebox, this is where they are usually are.

Also check the car manual if you have it.

Internet specifications suggest it has it and its nowhere to be found by the cigarette lighter is the USB and its not in the glovebox.
My girlfriend has a fiesta, it's got a button on the radio for aux but no input - think it's a option. Very easy to install though!
Reply 4
Original post by shaymarriott
My girlfriend has a fiesta, it's got a button on the radio for aux but no input - think it's a option. Very easy to install though!

Can you advise as how to?
Youtube
I got a new radio for my Ford KA with an AUX and USB for £50 on Amazon. It was very easy to install as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
What year of Fiesta, and what radio model? If it has a USB input, it almost certainly has AUX functionality built into the radio so a cheap AUX input package from eBay or Amazon and half an hour to fit it would do you well.
Reply 8
Original post by Nuffles
What year of Fiesta, and what radio model? If it has a USB input, it almost certainly has AUX functionality built into the radio so a cheap AUX input package from eBay or Amazon and half an hour to fit it would do you well.

Its a 2012 KA.
If it can play MP3's from a USB stick this is probably the cheapest option for £3.17:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-USB-Wireless-A2DP-AUX-Music-AMP-Audio-Stereo-Receiver-Adapter-Speaker-/391010833930?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item5b0a0fd60a

You plug it into the usb, connect your phone to the Bluetooth then on your radio just select track 1 on the usb and track 1 is always what your phone is sending it with about a 5 second delay.
Reply 10
Original post by theronkinator
If it can play MP3's from a USB stick this is probably the cheapest option for £3.17:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-USB-Wireless-A2DP-AUX-Music-AMP-Audio-Stereo-Receiver-Adapter-Speaker-/391010833930?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item5b0a0fd60a

You plug it into the usb, connect your phone to the Bluetooth then on your radio just select track 1 on the usb and track 1 is always what your phone is sending it with about a 5 second delay.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not entirely sure it will work thr USB slot works by detecting USB Mass Storage. Thats the very reason my phones not compatible as it doesn't have this setting.
Original post by Domk096
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not entirely sure it will work thr USB slot works by detecting USB Mass Storage. Thats the very reason my phones not compatible as it doesn't have this setting.

That works as a usb memory stick, if your car can read files from a usb memory stick then that will work.
Reply 12
Original post by theronkinator
That works as a usb memory stick, if your car can read files from a usb memory stick then that will work.

Initially the main reason I wanted to know if there was an AUX input was because I want to use my phone as my sat nav and for the directions to come through the speakers, would this still occur with this usb?
I had the same problem. I put the audio wire in the aud socket, which is located under the gear stick by the mini USB ports. I was playing around for ages and realised that the sound won't come out of the radio unless you take out the cd - stupid invention but hey!!! If you take the cd out and put the audio cable on and in your phone it will work, just press the cd button to do so
Is there a cable I can buy that will allow me to play music from my iPhone 6 in my ford Ka zetec 2011 it only has a USB port and will not read my phone using the apple lightning cable. So annoying
Reply 15
i have a zetec 2009 ka and can assure you a 8GB usb works as its what i use
hope this helps!!

Latest

Trending

Trending