The Student Room Group

Is meetup.com any good? Anyone with experience?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IcEmAn911
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

To be honest, I don't think meetup is great for trying to meeting young people in their early 20's as most people in that age group may think it's weird and a bit socially unacceptable to meet randomers on such a website lol, unless it's for a particular interest. But I hope you find what you're looking for and my advice would probably be to just work on your existing friendships groups and build on that :smile:

Meetup can be a bit of a minefield as you never know who you're going to meet. I've had experiences of some socially awkward people in my group but we've managed to resolve it with the rules we have in place. But 99% of the people I've met have been great and I'm happy to say that most of them have become close friends of mine :smile:
I'm 23 now, it's good to hear of your positive experience although a shame that some people my age might think like that, it's just another way of meeting people imo :smile: I think I might be able to meet people in a week or maybe a few weeks at the earliest but then I'd hope to meet their friends too. I just need to put myself out there enough & keep determined & I'm sure I'll get somewhere soon! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest