The Student Room Group

TSR Smokers' Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
A lot of people say I look like Stephen Fry. :proud:
Reply 381
Ahaha. My friend has been stopped smoking for exactly five months now and while I'm proud of him, I still try to force cigarettes on him everytime he's smashed. Yesterday I was like, 'Do you never just want to smoke?' So he replies that he does all the time, but he reckons he's been glorifying it in his head, like when he sees people smoking outside with their cocktails he really wants to do it.

The moral of course, is that smoking does indeed make you look cool. To celebrate, I went into AB10 and bought a t-shirt that says 'SMOKING KILLS' across the top, with a 50's style picture of a girl smoking, and under it it declares, 'But at least it makes you look cool'.

In other news, I haven't been barred from anymore clubs again for smoking, but only because I haven't been caught.
Does anyone else smoke Menthols?

Yay for Marlboro, and the packets are cool :biggrin:
menthols :frown:
Menthols ftw :smile: It's the only type I can smoke now.
Reply 385
I lost a pack of cigarettes, well, there were about three or four in there but I'm still pissed off! Just went as far as tidying my room in order to check if they were on the floor somewhere, searched all the clothes I was wearing last night and went through my bag. Nothing. Grrr :hmmmm: :argh: ;jacko;
alenax
I lost a pack of cigarettes, well, there were about three or four in there but I'm still pissed off! Just went as far as tidying my room in order to check if they were on the floor somewhere, searched all the clothes I was wearing last night and went through my bag. Nothing. Grrr :hmmmm: :argh: ;jacko;

Heh, I'm sure they'll turn up. I always find odd packets in old handbags and things. :biggrin:
Reply 387
Bubblebee
Heh, I'm sure they'll turn up. I always find odd packets in old handbags and things. :biggrin:

Send them my way :p: I'm skint a lot of the time, so keeping track of my cigarettes is a necessity. When I'm on a night out, I obsessively check that my phone and my cigarettes are still on me!
bekahchu
Menthols ftw :smile: It's the only type I can smoke now.

I don't understand menthols, the first one I tried was given to me by a stranger at the pub and I thought that they'd laced it with methadone or something.

I enjoy smoking dirty old man cigarettes like Lambert and Butler, or normally roll my own using the delicious and nutritious Golden Virginia tobacco. Reading this thread has given me a raving nicotine craving :eek: so brb.
Reply 389
Car(amel)o(pra)line
I don't understand menthols, the first one I tried was given to me by a stranger at the pub and I thought that they'd laced it with methadone or something.

I enjoy smoking dirty old man cigarettes like Lambert and Butler, or normally roll my own using the delicious and nutritious Golden Virginia tobacco. Reading this thread has given me a raving nicotine craving :eek: so brb.

God I love that feeling when it's a really cold sunny winter day and you wake up in the morning and go outside and take the first drag on a roll-up.

Feels like your lungs are collapsing but so good at the same time.
Reply 390
I found a pack of 23 Camels I bought in Amsterdam under my desk. What a wonderful feeling indeed. :biggrin:
Any pipe smokers? Moreover....any pipe smokers at Leeds uni??? Society? Perhaps!
Reply 392
I wish i was cool enough to smoke a pipe,
However i do sometimes smoke using a ciggarette holder. Could that be counted as some kind of accessory? Sadly I'm at aber uni. tragic.

Also i really have to join this soc.
I think that is an accessory.

Guys, question: What kind of Lighters do you use? Atm I use a crappy £.075 petrol lighter but when I've got the cash I'm thinking of buying a Battle of Britain memorial zippo and one of those fancy cig cases. I think that might be overdoing it a little, but if you're gonna do something... may as well do it properly.
Reply 394
Bagration
I think that is an accessory.

Guys, question: What kind of Lighters do you use? Atm I use a crappy £.075 petrol lighter but when I've got the cash I'm thinking of buying a Battle of Britain memorial zippo and one of those fancy cig cases. I think that might be overdoing it a little, but if you're gonna do something... may as well do it properly.

Love the avatar!

When I can be arsed refilling it and making sure the flint is up to scratch, I use a "shadow" coloured Zippo Blu gas lighter:

More often than not though, crappy disposable lighters that I lose all the time.
foxo
Love the avatar!

Thanks! [url=
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13242053&postcount=32]Some people
don't share your sentiment, though :P

foxo
When I can be arsed refilling it and making sure the flint is up to scratch, I use a "shadow" coloured Zippo Blu gas lighter:

Cool. How much did you shell out for it? The ones I've been looking at are £20~ and flighter fluid around £2.50.
Reply 396
Bagration
Thanks! [url=
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=13242053&postcount=32]Some people
don't share your sentiment, though :P

Cool. How much did you shell out for it? The ones I've been looking at are £20~ and flighter fluid around £2.50.

€50 at a tobacconist in Dublin, at the time £35. That was straight after release a year ago though, so you could probably get one for a wee bit cheaper now.

You'd probably be better just getting a normal fuel Zippo though. This one has been a bit of a pain in the ****ter - I've had to use cheap gas because Zippo butane gas is a total bitch to find. This has caused a bit of a blockage so the flame is often weak. I might exploit the lifetime guarantee and see if there's anything they can do about it.
Reply 397
pass the dunhill internationals !ive heard cigs in the UK are frightfully expensive, like 6 quid ....is that true or just an exaggeration?hope so..
Reply 398
Theyre £5 something yeah. Because the government cares about our health (read: their wealth) and uses prices as a "deterrent".

I say pffft to them!

My mother smokes Mayfair Fine. I don't see the point.
Reply 399
marzcyp88
pass the dunhill internationals !ive heard cigs in the UK are frightfully expensive, like 6 quid ....is that true or just an exaggeration?hope so..

You could buy packs of ten? OR refine the art of rolling, a bit of a bitch to pick up, but worth it. Especialy when yr a student. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest