The Student Room Group

how many people here smoke?

have you ever smoked? do you currently smoke? do you vape?

Scroll to see replies

Considering I dont want cancer, no. And dont get me started on Vapes- know how silly you lot look? 🤣.

And in regard's to vaping, if you like blueberry - here’s shocker. Eat some blueberries instead of breathing in toxic chemicals you couldnt name.
(edited 1 year ago)
Don't and would never. It stinks. :cheeky:
Smoked for near 25 years before I quit just over 2 years ago - The quality of tobacco has plummeted in the last decade to the point that only die hards can choke it down. (The Victory ciggies in 1984 were supposed to be a joke, a JOKE!)

I was neutral towards vaping and enjoyed the novelty of a portable battery powered sweet shop for a bit, but it's increasingly obvious how much it's aimed at kids plus the whole trend towards disposables that now coat he streets :mad:
My lips have never touched a cigarette, spliff or vape and never will.
Original post by Jack22031994
Considering I dont want cancer, no. And dont get me started on Vapes- know how silly you lot look? 🤣.

And in regard's to vaping, if you like blueberry - here’s shocker. Eat some blueberries instead of breathing in toxic chemicals you couldnt name.

bruh theres nothing wrong with vapes. <3
i vape btw <3

Original post by Anonymous
Original post by pagetsuckstoes

Disgusting habit , if it were up to me smokers would have to pay an additional tax .
Original post by DeadeyeDuncan
Disgusting habit , if it were up to me smokers would have to pay an additional tax .

They do. Tobacco tax is huge. like 70-80% of the total price.
Original post by StriderHort
They do. Tobacco tax is huge. like 70-80% of the total price.

No I mean additional to that . Comes outta your wages . An additional 5-10 %
Original post by Anonymous

Unfortunately there is. I appreciate the use of vapes for people wanting to quit smoking and while it is 100% better than smoking your risk for things such as lung cancer or especially collapsed lungs are still significantly increased.
It’s everyone’s choice whether they want to or not and would never want to judge but as long as everyone understands the risk there is and doesn’t pretend like there’s nothing wrong with it.
Original post by DeadeyeDuncan
No I mean additional to that . Comes outta your wages . An additional 5-10 %

That sounds a bit arbitrary, why are you expecting more when they are already heavily taxed? How would you justify such a thing?
That sounds a bit arbitrary, why are you expecting more when they are already heavily taxed? How would you justify such a thing?

i'm assuming they mean to cover the cost of caring for smokers' medical conditions like COPD and lung cancer. in that case i think we should have an overeating and sedentary lifestyle tax too, and a tax for eating cured and smoked meats, and licking asbestos
(edited 1 year ago)
i'm assuming they mean to cover the cost of caring for smokers' medical conditions like COPD and lung cancer. in that case i think we should have an overeating and sedentary lifestyle tax too, and a tax for eating cured and smoked meets, and licking asbestos

Well what is the state doing with the huge tax on them that already exists? It's not like smokers aren't contributing and the current system is designed since the 90s to progressively price people out of smoking as it is.

And that's the thing, if you want to start applying such lifestyle taxes where do you stop? Esp when the answer to everything is the state putting its hand in your pocket and getting used to that revenue therefore losing incentive to tackle the issues with sincerity.

I tried it only once in my whole life just to experience that people told me it helped to lessen their depression. I don't do it right now and will never do 'coz it's nothing but a waste of money as well as harming the body.
Well what is the state doing with the huge tax on them that already exists? It's not like smokers aren't contributing and the current system is designed since the 90s to progressively price people out of smoking as it is.

And that's the thing, if you want to start applying such lifestyle taxes where do you stop? Esp when the answer to everything is the state putting its hand in your pocket and getting used to that revenue therefore losing incentive to tackle the issues with sincerity.

yeah i was kinda being facetious suggesting those extra lifestyle taxes. advertising campaigns against smoking do seem to work tho, or did in the 70s and 80s. in any case, i think lots of people will be moving into private healthcare soon and that will provide a real incentive to stop. the nhs is simply unusuable in terms of wait times and low capacity rn
Original post by Jack22031994

W for you!
Original post by skullgunk04
Don't and would never. It stinks. :cheeky:

W for you!
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
My lips have never touched a cigarette, spliff or vape and never will.

You deserve a W.

Simply justification . Second hand smoke kills

Quick Reply

Latest