The Student Room Group

Is Uni hard for non drinker/non smoker/non party goer?

is uni hard for an anti social non drinker non smoker non party goer,, lol i promise im not boring,, just not my thing
I'm the exact same i guess it depends on where you're from.where i come from everything is hard everywhere for everyone🤣
Original post by Anonymous
is uni hard for an anti social non drinker non smoker non party goer,, lol i promise im not boring,, just not my thing

I did 3 years bachelor degree at uni like this . Ngl I was bored but that was during pandemic and stuff so most things were locked down and couldn’t make many friends. If I’m honest , if you go freshers and join a society you’ll make friends and have fun in your own way. You’ll meet people who’ll prefer to just chill and maybe have coffee if that’s your thing
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
Your university experience is what you make it, essentially. If you don't drink, or smoke there is no pressure for you to do so.
Usually, people who are anti-social can often find people you are able to hang around with, again if this is what your comfortable with.
I wouldn't say it's necessarily hard but depending on your degree, you will sometimes be required to work in a group, so that may be difficult if you haven't made many friends.
Other than that, I wouldn't say it is 'hard', but you may find it a little lonely, but again. If that's not what you're into then you should be fine!
Kind regards,
Courtney H
Hi there, just writing to let you know I changed the thread title so people can see what you're asking from the title :smile:

The Coventry rep gave a good reply, I'd just like to add that there are lots of different people going to university so it shouldn't be too difficult to find people with a similar mindset and interest to yours. If you are willing to just go and find them, then it shouldn't be hard!

Hi,

Which course are you studying?

I do Psychology and honestly I am completely the same. I don't drink, smoke, party or like to go out when its too late! Universities do put on events for people like us, so do check out your student unions website and social media as well as your universities social media to see which events they plan to hold. For example, some events Kent university are planning to hold include keyring making, UV ping pong and more!

I would recommend joining societies that align with your hobbies or trying something new! For example, this year I am excited to join a therapeutics arts society. They hold weekly creative sessions which act as a nice break from studying.

I hope this helps and good luck. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending