The Student Room Group

TSR Smokers' Society

Scroll to see replies

L i b
I can see some websites that seem to stock it for delivery, but if you want to buy over-the-counter then the best option is always to find an old, traditional style tobacconist. Most cities or significant towns have at least one somewhere, and they often have quite diverse product ranges.

yeah i'm gonna have a look in a proper tobacconist cos i've never seen them in supermarkets or anything. how is it, have you tried it before? also are there any alternatives here that are common and easier to get hold of? thanks.
Gah, I've run out of duty free Marlboro Reds :frown: Tried to go back to Mayfair but you really notice how disgusting they are once you've smoked a decent brand for a while. So currently hunting for a new budget cigarette. Just bought some Windsor Blues although the packaging is enough to tell me they're going to be horrible.

In other news, I was in London the other day and saw it was about £6.55 for 20 B&H from a Kiosk in the street! I nearly had a stroke! Is it that price everywhere in London or cheaper in the supermarkets?
quadruple_twist
Gah, I've run out of duty free Marlboro Reds :frown: Tried to go back to Mayfair but you really notice how disgusting they are once you've smoked a decent brand for a while. So currently hunting for a new budget cigarette. Just bought some Windsor Blues although the packaging is enough to tell me they're going to be horrible.

In other news, I was in London the other day and saw it was about £6.55 for 20 B&H from a Kiosk in the street! I nearly had a stroke! Is it that price everywhere in London or cheaper in the supermarkets?

I had a packet of Pall Malls last week since they were two quid cheaper than my usual marlboro reds, but they were foul. Felt so good going back to marlboros again :yep:
Reply 783
normalothercitrusfruit
I had a packet of Pall Malls last week since they were two quid cheaper than my usual marlboro reds, but they were foul. Felt so good going back to marlboros again
Meh, Wild Woodbine for the win. I only get them on one day each year, though; my birthday. Too expensive, over £6.

Roll-ups rock. I'm going to have one right now.
Pall Mall are disgusting. So are woodbine, actually :P I'm going back to rolling now I've ran out of duty free luckies... even bought a rolling machine, they're so useful!
Just started on a packet of Lucky Strikes. I've actually found a cigarette I prefer to Marlboro Reds!!! :woo:
A Smoking society! this is heaven and I'd like a taste of it :smile:

I am curious, have you ever used any air freshners? like candles and stuff? I personally like the aroma of a hoyo de monterrey double corona and wouldn't wanna ruin it with some orange-spiced candle. But for some reason others tend to disagree with me on that! I guess they really like oranges :s-smilie:...
BourgeoisRomantic
A Smoking society! this is heaven and I'd like a taste of it :smile:

I am curious, have you ever used any air freshners? like candles and stuff? I personally like the aroma of a hoyo de monterrey double corona and wouldn't wanna ruin it with some orange-spiced candle. But for some reason others tend to disagree with me on that! I guess they really like oranges :s-smilie:...

:hi:

Air freshners are horrible!
Reply 788
normalothercitrusfruit
Just started on a packet of Lucky Strikes. I've actually found a cigarette I prefer to Marlboro Reds!!! :woo:

I've always thought of Luckies as faintly pretentious Tennessee Williams play fodder. But there we go.
Bah, Luckies are my regular (alongside Dunhill because I play to stereotypes for lolz) because they taste better, cost the same as Marlboros, and burn for a good amount of time. That's if I buy prerolled.
L i b
I've always thought of Luckies as faintly pretentious Tennessee Williams play fodder. But there we go.

Really? I think they taste fantastic!

Bagration
Bah, Luckies are my regular (alongside Dunhill because I play to stereotypes for lolz) because they taste better, cost the same as Marlboros, and burn for a good amount of time. That's if I buy prerolled.

Yeah, luckies do last longer than most cigarettes i'd say. How good are Dunhills?
normalothercitrusfruit

Yeah, luckies do last longer than most cigarettes i'd say. How good are Dunhills?
I <3 Dunnies, but they're not popular because they've a very... noticable aftertaste and they're very strong.
Reply 792
normalothercitrusfruit

Oh, they probably do - I wouldn't know. The 1930s aura and their association in my mind with the Anglo-French arse who lived next door to me in halls has put me off up until now.

You never know, I might give them a try sometime.
L i b
Oh, they probably do - I wouldn't know. The 1930s aura and their association in my mind with the Anglo-French arse who lived next door to me in halls has put me off up until now.

You never know, I might give them a try sometime.
I would advise it. They're so much better than Marb Lights (that's your choice, if I remember correctly?)
Reply 794
Bagration
I would advise it. They're so much better than Marb Lights (that's your choice, if I remember correctly?)

Your memory serves you well, me old chum.

Right, the village shop stocks them. I'll be buying some tomorrow.
L i b
Your memory serves you well, me old chum.

Right, the village shop stocks them. I'll be buying some tomorrow.
Outstanding :yy:

Also, all the lawyers I have known (all two of them :indiff:) have smoked Dunhill. I don't think that counts as a stereotype tho :frown:
normalothercitrusfruit
:hi:

Air freshners are horrible!

Sure sure. I have yet to meet a smoker who thought that air freshners are a good idea.
Reply 797
I just had a thought... I saw some advert for Dunhill perfume on the telly and thought 'I wonder if they're related to the cigs company'.

So far as I've found out, they're not - but wouldn't that be a pretty bloody good way of getting around the smoking adverts ban? Creating whole brands essentially, and marketing collectively. Marlboro hats company; Lucky Strike bowling allies, Sobranie clothing range?

I'm amazed it's not happened yet. Wonder who I can sell my smart-arsed 3am-on-a-Wednesday-night idea to.
L i b
I just had a thought... I saw some advert for Dunhill perfume on the telly and thought 'I wonder if they're related to the cigs company'.

So far as I've found out, they're not - but wouldn't that be a pretty bloody good way of getting around the smoking adverts ban? Creating whole brands essentially, and marketing collectively. Marlboro hats company; Lucky Strike bowling allies, Sobranie clothing range?

I'm amazed it's not happened yet. Wonder who I can sell my smart-arsed 3am-on-a-Wednesday-night idea to.
I thought Dunhill was related, but apparently not. Davidoff is though. Interesting idea though. I'm sure it'd get banned if anyone tried it, unfortunately. Have you ever tried Dunhill, incidentally? They've got some funky new packaging now.
Anyway, tomorrow begins my quitting smoking regime. It works like thus (present consumption is anywhere between 10 and 20 pd.)

Week 1: 5 p.d. max
Week 2: 4 p.d. max
Week 3: 2 p.d. max
Week 4: cold turkey but allowed 1 per day if possible

We'll see how this goes.

Quick Reply

Latest