The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 1
as a native of the city i can confirm that it's definitely one to watch. money is pouring in (john prescott is good for something at least!) and there's all kinds of development going on. i can't really comment on the nightlife as i've been living in birmingham for the past two years and haven't really been out since i got back (no money), but it was good when i used to go out in sixth form. it's a small city but it manages to have a decent number of club nights. violence is a problem - albeit one i've never personally encountered - but can be avoided if you simply stay away from certain clubs and places.

as to the business school, the story my mother (who used to work for humberside uni) tells is that back in the day, when humberside university (now lincoln uni) was still based in hull, its business school was excellent, hull's not so much. however, when humberside decided to move to lincoln, all the business school staff said 'sod that' and defected to hull. thus giving it a good business faculty.

whether or not this is a true story is another thing entirely :biggrin:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
the bussiness school is top class mate im spkin 1st hand here, seriously get to hull, all round it is amazing
plus by the time we leave in 2-3 yrs, the un wil have this new award thingy, meaning its liek on of 5 in the uk tht has all 3 awards or summut like tht (dnt quote me, i was hung over while gettin told in lectrure) so hell yes, its deffo a good uni, good night life. nice n cheap

Robcampo
i don't do business but all i can say is the university is amazing! i started in september and i am absolutely loving it! the nightlife is great! waterfront on a monday, pozition on a tuesday, asylum on a wednesday (best night of the week!!!!), etc. it's the best and i know i made the right decision coming here, i never want it to end!!

Latest