The Student Room Group

Should I apply to UEA,Sunderland or Cardiff for a lows ucat score of 2430 band sjt2

Which one do you think would be best at attaining an interview as my ucat is really low my GCSEs are 8-9 and I be done volunteering .I have added my stats to the mega thread as well but I haven’t got a response yet as I know it’s really busy
Original post by superwoman2345
Which one do you think would be best at attaining an interview as my ucat is really low my GCSEs are 8-9 and I be done volunteering .I have added my stats to the mega thread as well but I haven’t got a response yet as I know it’s really busy

i wouldn't advise applying to uea as the cutoff last year was 2710. cardiff is risky if not welsh but it's worth a shot if you have all 8s/9s and have no other options. sunderland you need 200+ hours of volunteering/wex in a caring or helping capacity. how many grade 9s do you have and what are your predicted a level grades?
I got three 9s four 8s one 7 one 6 and AAA.Would it be 200+ hours at one place or can it be multiple volunteering jobs.Do you know where it says 200+ hours as I tried checking the Sunderland medical school website.I currently volunteer at 4 places.

Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it!!!!
(edited 7 months ago)
I got three 9s four 8s one 7 one 6 and AAA.Would it be 200+ hours at one place or can it be multiple volunteering jobs.Do you know where it says 200+ hours as I tried checking the Sunderland medical school website.I currently volunteer at 4 places.

Thank you so much for your advice I really appreciate it!!!!

no worries !! for sunderland, last year's thread is where the info has come from, as in you needed that much to get an interview it seemed. the 200+ hours would come from multiple roles.
Do you think Aston,hullyork ,Plymouth would be worth a shot??As I am UKWPMED Hull York and Plymouth come under this but I know for HY you have to put it as firm choice and the ranking is holistic.
For Keele did they get rid of roles and responsibilities now
For Keele did they get rid of roles and responsibilities now

yes, they score personal statement now, and points are allocated for ucat, sjt and contextual
Do you think Aston,hullyork ,Plymouth would be worth a shot??As I am UKWPMED Hull York and Plymouth come under this but I know for HY you have to put it as firm choice and the ranking is holistic.

for hull york, you would have been under last year's cutoff unfortunately. does the ukwpmed guarantee any interviews at all? aston - depends on what subjects your 7 and 6 are in
Yes at Leicester,Keele these are the 2 I would like to apply to ……. hy,manchester ,Brighton and Sussex, ….. Birmingham plymouth(I don’t have the ucat scores)
Would Kent Medway be good?
Would Kent Medway be good?

the minimum ucat in recent years was 2470 for school leavers
Thank you so much :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending