The Student Room Group

Top=up in Computing/Software

I am currently studying HND Software Development, in 2 years If I get high enough grades I will be able to stay on at my current college to get a BSc in Software Applications, accredited by Leeds Met. However as I am doing really well on the course, and aiming high, I want to start looking at "better" unis than a met, to do my top-up at, browsing through UCAS it seems I can do a top up from a HND to a BSc at university of Bradford, Hertfordshire, and Wolverhampton. I am sure there are more unis that give you the oppourtunity to enter in the last or penulatimate year of BEng/BSc courses in software or computing if you do well in a HND software develompent qualification, anyone know of any of these?

Also what are the reps of the unis above I mentioned, and any locals can you tell me what the area is like, I only really know the cities Bradford, Leeds and York because I don't travel much, but what I do know is that for good job prospects I am willing to travel and live far from home, for a top-up year or two.

I had problems with Leeds Uni last year but would go back there at a pinch.
Reply 1
marisad_uk
I am currently studying HND Software Development, in 2 years If I get high enough grades I will be able to stay on at my current college to get a BSc in Software Applications, accredited by Leeds Met. However as I am doing really well on the course, and aiming high, I want to start looking at "better" unis than a met, to do my top-up at, browsing through UCAS it seems I can do a top up from a HND to a BSc at university of Bradford, Hertfordshire, and Wolverhampton. I am sure there are more unis that give you the oppourtunity to enter in the last or penulatimate year of BEng/BSc courses in software or computing if you do well in a HND software develompent qualification, anyone know of any of these?

Also what are the reps of the unis above I mentioned, and any locals can you tell me what the area is like, I only really know the cities Bradford, Leeds and York because I don't travel much, but what I do know is that for good job prospects I am willing to travel and live far from home, for a top-up year or two.

I had problems with Leeds Uni last year but would go back there at a pinch.

How old are you? If you're over 20 then apply to a good university now and start the BSc from the first year.
Reply 2
Any uni will consider you with a good pass in an HND. I am starting to regret my decision to do the same though. Starting uni in later years is really difficult. (I did HNC software and came to uni in year 2).
Reply 3
huddersfield?
Reply 4
I am 19 and don't want to start uni from SCRATCH i have started enough things from scratch.. its all forms and money on fees and hassle, I am defo staying at bradford for 2 years then doign a top-up, I'll look into hudds whoever said that :smile: , how was going to uni in later years really difficult nessyfencer?

Latest

Trending

Trending