The Student Room Group

Failing a 10 credit module. Please any advice is welcomed!

Hey everyone,

I have a feeling I'm going to have to fail a module. It isn't down to neglect or flippancy, I encountered a problem with doing one of the practicals (I'm a biology major) which made up 10% of the grade.

I obtained about 10% for that practical (please don't make fun of me, it sounds ridiculous but I broke down (very anxious etc) and couldn't perform to my best ability)). And this has obviously affected my overall grade for that module drastically (which I'm quite crap at anyway).

If I were to obtain a 1st class degree, with 350/360 credits, would that pose me with a serious disadvantage when it comes to continuing on with academic study at lets say...Oxbridge?

I plan to do a MPhil and further down the line, a PhD.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I'm in my first year by the way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by biomagic
Hey everyone,

I have a feeling I'm going to have to fail a module. It isn't down to neglect or flippancy, I encountered a problem with doing one of the practicals (I'm a biology major) which made up 10% of the grade.

I obtained about 10% for that practical (please don't make fun of me, it sounds ridiculous but I broke down (very anxious etc) and couldn't perform to my best ability)). And this has obviously affected my overall grade for that module drastically (which I'm quite crap at anyway).

If I were to obtain a 1st class degree, with 350/360 credits, would that pose me with a serious disadvantage when it comes to continuing on with academic study at lets say...Oxbridge?

I plan to do a MPhil and further down the line, a PhD.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I'm in my first year by the way.

You really will have to check with your university. My university doesn't allow you to fail a module and then continue to the next year. Failing being 40% or less. You simply cannot graduate without passing 360 credits worth. I hope that makes sense. You will probably have to resit. Like I said, my university may be different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending