The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Uh huh, seems like a priority for them.

Logically it would make sense to want Liverpool to lose but they won't in my opinion. They weren't so good at Anfield (hence why it's gone to a replay) but I'm very sure they'll completely dominate Blackburn at Ewood park but it will be tough at the same time too. Going for a standard 2-0 win. A goal in each half maybe.

Blackburn will have to attack a bit more at home and that's where we'll do better. We've won away at Bolton and Palace in the cup already and have 5 away clean sheets in a row iirc, so hopefully should be okay.
Original post by All Day
Blackburn will have to attack a bit more at home and that's where we'll do better. We've won away at Bolton and Palace in the cup already and have 5 away clean sheets in a row iirc, so hopefully should be okay.

Apparently their pitch is really ****, manager said it made Anfield look like Wembley (despite Rodgers complaining about the state of it), so could imagine them bus parking and trying to hold onto pen's, with the pitch disrupting your play.
Original post by Depleted
Apparently their pitch is really ****, manager said it made Anfield look like Wembley (despite Rodgers complaining about the state of it), so could imagine them bus parking and trying to hold onto pen's, with the pitch disrupting your play.

I don't like the implications of 'Rodgers complaining about it' - it is actually truly ****e, regular Anfield attenders have mentioned that it's not much better than pub league pitches near the corner flags and in general it's piss-poor.

Teams at home don't tend to bus park though, especially not in the cup. If they do then I'd back us again, like I did against their bus the first time, but we'll see. Hopefully Sturridge is in better form by then and Kolo doesn't miss two sitters.
Our FA Cup draw only looks easy cause big teams ****ed up! If favourites had won each time our route to the cup would have been:

City--> Utd--->Chelsea--->Liverpool

...can't get much harder than that :tongue:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Would lol if we're the team to knock you out second year running :tongue: inb4 you win the whole thing :colonhash:

Well yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to say. We won't win CL this season so why waste time? Not being pessimistic or fickle or whatever name under the sun, just trying to be realistic.

Exactly that, I really can't be asked with CL qualifiers. We've done that the past two seasons, let's take a chilled route for once. A lot of people calling for Wenger to leave if we get FA cup + 3rd/4th so it ends on a high but this man really wants to win CL, hope he does somehow before he walks.

please don't make me re-live that shambles of a match when you beat :frown:
like many of us have said, top 4 is the priority and FA Cup is a bonus.
would suck to go out but as long as we make CL next year, i wouldn't be massively upset over it.

nah, it is realistic; arsenal just don't have the quality or consistency to match some of the big boys in europe.
that's not to say they won't do in future, but right now you wouldn't expect them to win the CL.

exactly, CL qualifiers just add a massive load of pressure on teams and put them up against other clubs that will always play 100%.
not to mention how potential transfer targets might be put on hold since they could want to wait until after teams get through their CL qualifier.

i really don't think wenger will leave any time soon, not unless you have an awful season and finish outside top 4.
Whats happening with Falcao is really strange along with Mata. I was surprised none of them came on in the game against us especially mata as he usually has a field day against us. Mata went from one of the best midfielders in the league to a bench warmer and looking at the utd team its not like their midfield is world class.

Falcao doesn't seem to be able to play uptop by himself if i'm honest he just doesn't have the legs it looks like to me. It seems to me that he should just stay on the edge of the opp defense as he really doesn't have the pace to come infield, pick up the ball, turn and run at the defence.

Man utd made the same mistake Wenger did after the invincible era in that they got rid of alot of the old guard all to quickly and filled the squad will new players who didn't have that winning mentality and old philosophy of never give up. You would look at their squad and team and say even in the 90th min that a goal was coming from them or they'd pull themselves out of something but really only Rooney has that look about him now. It doesn't seem like a problem that will fix by simply buying good players as you can look to arsenal and we haven't fully gotten over it yet. We just recently started coming out of that mentality and are starting to develop a winning attitude. It's obvious with us though that we are missing that leader in the team in the heart of midfield though. With Utd I think out of all positions they need that type of player too and especially one in midfield.
Arteta's probably the most underrated player in the premier league
cant help it. as much as I know its best for arsenal if chelsea win tonight - I just want to see them knocked out more then anything..

chelsea loose to PSG, and arsenal beat monaco 3-0 :coma:

To good to be true

happy for him to go, or to stay as an experianced member of the team who does not play much..

But no way should he be in our first XI next year.. he should be thanked for his great service, but let out of the starting lineups with the understanding that his strong performances are getting fewer and fewer, and his mind has never properly came back since the world cup.
Original post by fallen_acorns
cant help it. as much as I know its best for arsenal if chelsea win tonight - I just want to see them knocked out more then anything..

chelsea loose to PSG, and arsenal beat monaco 3-0 :coma:

To good to be true

Why is it best for Arsenal?
Original post by al_94

UEFA coefficients. If we do bad this season and next season it's the same story for English clubs you know what will happen.
Original post by jam277
UEFA coefficients. If we do bad this season and next season it's the same story for English clubs you know what will happen.

I guessing he meant short term you'd have other commitments which may make you drop points/ allow others in the top 4 battle to gain points against you.

That being said hasn't the rule been changed for next year anyway to stop us from being in pot
chelsea lose

pls
Original post by swirly
Arteta's probably the most underrated player in the premier league

Basjii is that you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Team for Monaco:

Ospina
Hector Per Kos Nacho
Coq Ramsey
Walcott Ozil Welbz
Giroud
TFW Welbz is prioritised over Alexis
]

Original post by al_94

jam is right..

considering how many years we have finished 4th recently... if england lost their 4th CL spot, then it could be dire.

Considering chelsea are the only team to have done well in europe recently for england, we need them to keep doing well, for us to maintain our gap over italy and keep our 4 places..

Its very likely we will drop below germany this year, and although italy is still a way off us, we are not untouchable in that top3
Original post by fallen_acorns
]

jam is right..

considering how many years we have finished 4th recently... if england lost their 4th CL spot, then it could be dire.

Considering chelsea are the only team to have done well in europe recently for england, we need them to keep doing well, for us to maintain our gap over italy and keep our 4 places..

Its very likely we will drop below germany this year, and although italy is still a way off us, we are not untouchable in that top3

I want Chelsea to lose and if the BPL loses one of the CL places then that's what they deserve. Then maybe that will teach Richard Scudamore and the rest of those clowns lesson so they will reform the BPL.
**** chelsea I hope they lose now bunch of unlikeable *****. Horrible Players, horrible manager, horrible fans and horrible team.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest