The Student Room Group

Year Abroad - La Reunion

Hi, im going on my year abroad next year (half a year for french and the other half for spanish). for spanish i am going to granada, but am undecided about french.. i am seriously thinking of La Reunion as it would be an amazing experience!
has anyone been there on their year abroad? any info/tips would be great...
thanks
steven
Reply 1
My friend went to La Reunion on her year abroad. Said it was really good. Tip: Don't fall asleep on the beach - You WILL have your phone nicked :p:
I've been to La Réunion twice now (just for holiday) and I seriously LOVE that place.. and I'm definitely thinking of going though for my YA.

Tell us what happens :smile:

Which uni are you at anyway?
Reply 3
im at sheffield at the mo.

wow sounds like you love it! the thing is though, it would be great for a 2 week holiday, but could i cope with 6 months there? lol

did you visit st denis? whats it like?
thanks
steve2k5
im at sheffield at the mo.

wow sounds like you love it! the thing is though, it would be great for a 2 week holiday, but could i cope with 6 months there? lol

did you visit st denis? whats it like?
thanks
St.Denis is where I stayed :biggrin: aah.. memories, memories hehe.

Don't know about you but I could certainly spend 6 months there! I suppose it is a little bit of a "dreamy" kind of place.. like a hidden away island in the middle of nowhere.. but for me it's just one of them places that just struck me.

Make sure you visit Le Barachois (St.Denis) and play a nice game of boules with the créole people.. make sure you visit les trois cirques.. et aussi les volcans!

lol I'm acting as though you're actually going..!

Latest

Trending

Trending