The Student Room Group

What is a pear shape? What is a ruler shape?

I'm just curious? Because I thought rulers were small everywhere. I am small everywhere I wear a size 0 and like a 28A if that. So wouldnt that make me a ruler shape? I've heard some say since my hips are the biggest measurement I'm a pear. I don't have an issue with anything being big. I can basically wear anything still look like a dude so which am I?
You can get big pears and you can get skinny pears (in terms of human, lol). Pears are bottom-heavy while rulers are straight up and down (not much curve, about the same width all the way down). So you can be 28-24-36 and be a pear without being fat. Obviously wear what you want, but pears look great in cinched waist outfits and darker colours on the bottom than the top :tongue: xx
Reply 2
Original post by NeverTooLatte
You can get big pears and you can get skinny pears (in terms of human, lol). Pears are bottom-heavy while rulers are straight up and down (not much curve, about the same width all the way down). So you can be 28-24-36 and be a pear without being fat. Obviously wear what you want, but pears look great in cinched waist outfits and darker colours on the bottom than the top :tongue: xx

My hips aren't that big they're only 34". My lower half doesn't have an excess of fat there either I have a thigh gaps and very flat butt. Like I said I'm skinny everywhere I nust have a normal minimum female shape but I don't look curvy you hips bones do curve but that's it and not by a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest