The Student Room Group

REMARK HELP URGENT I didn’t get into med from results

Hey guys I didn’
(edited 8 months ago)
Bump, im panicking 🤕
Two marks is not a lot to gain so it's plausible, particularly if the person remarking it is a bit kinder on the grading of the longform written questions... but being a science A-Level, it's going to be a bit harder to find points elsewhere unless the previous marker did a mistake. But anything can happen! Hope you manage to get the two marks, best of luck
Original post by Scotland Yard
Two marks is not a lot to gain so it's plausible, particularly if the person remarking it is a bit kinder on the grading of the longform written questions... but being a science A-Level, it's going to be a bit harder to find points elsewhere unless the previous marker did a mistake. But anything can happen! Hope you manage to get the two marks, best of luck

Thank you I can only hope🤕🩷
Original post by Mickjagger
Thank you I can only hope🤕🩷

Indeed, but you can also plan ahead for if it goes a bit pear-shaped. You'd ideally want to take a gap year and resit Biology and reapply - you got an offer, you can get another one again, I'm sure, if it goes down to that. Never give up and remember... you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you find, you get what you need! :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by Scotland Yard
Indeed, but you can also plan ahead for if it goes a bit pear-shaped. You'd ideally want to take a gap year and resit Biology and reapply - you got an offer, you can get another one again, I'm sure, if it goes down to that. Never give up and remember... you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you find, you get what you need! :wink:

Spoiler

:smile:) thank you made me smile there
Reply 6
did you got any reply from AQA?
Original post by Mickjagger
Hey guys I didn’t get into med. I was 2 marks off an A in my biology a level. I’ve sent it for a remark. I’m AQA. Pls can someone lmk whether I should be optimistic here or not regarding the chances of gaining 2 marks thank you

You should be optimistic since it is 2 marks, although the marks will be coming from the written response questions… Although it will be easier to take the gap year and resit it. You got the offer, you proved yourself at interview, you have shown your passion for medicine… you will have to do the UCAT again though….

Quick Reply

Latest