The Student Room Group

Effect of enzyme conc. on enzyme activity...graphs help!!

Ok im doing this lab report on how protease enzymes(trypsin) effect the rate of reaction..the report is easy for me today to do..only im having alot of trouble with the data i collected and constructing my graphs!
Most of the graphs on net, show a more direct-proportional relationship with the line going through the origin, showing how as enzyme conc increase, rate also increases with it.
I collected data thats more of a curve, and cant decide wheather to draw a line of best fit where the points are barely close to the line...or draw a curve which would be much more fitting, even tho I cant find any evidence of graphs similar??
I calculated the time taken for trypsin to break down casein in milk into a clear solution, by observing the black cross...calculated this time in secs...did 1/t to get the rates...and then made a rate-conc graph, what do i do now im so stuck?
Reply 1
The curve seems like the more accurate option here

I can't find an exact graph in relation to trypsin, but if you type in "1st order reaction graph" to google images a few rate reactions come up with curves in them - even though they're typically for axis labelled rate/time, they should follow a similar pattern.
Hmmm, thing is most of my friends go a kine of best fit graph, and i looked up the graph of an rate-enzyme conc graph, its also a line of best fit, because it portrays the true relationship much better
As enzyme conc is higher, the rate is also higher...
when im talking about points on the graph, for the lower enzyme concentrations, can i talk about other factors like temp, ph and inhibition also affecting the rate to decreasE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending