The Student Room Group

BTEC applied science Unit 3 2023

What does everyone think that is going to come up tomorrow for the exam (4th may) 2023 in the unit 3 exam? I don’t understand the section B of the paper like is there any practicals that should already be given, how do we right a method about a practical that we don’t know about?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ash1523
What does everyone think that is going to come up tomorrow for the exam (4th may) 2023 in the unit 3 exam? I don’t understand the section B of the paper like is there any practicals that should already be given, how do we right a method about a practical that we don’t know about?

Gonna be based on practicals and how we did the write-up for those in lessons. question 4 seems the hardest.
Reply 2
Original post by ObaidAamir
Gonna be based on practicals and how we did the write-up for those in lessons. question 4 seems the hardest.

this is where I’m confused, we are given an investigation and asked to write a method and stuff on it. But my teacher has not given us any practicals to make notes on or revise so I don’t know how I’m going to go into the exam to write a method on an experiment I don’t know. And I’m stresssingggggg. Do you know what the practicals are?
Reply 3
Practicals could be on anything tbh hard to guess it. Did you do the exam in January?
Reply 4
Practicals could be on anything tbh hard to guess it. Did you do the exam in January?

I did the unit 1 exam in jan
Reply 5
i think it may include fuels
Reply 6
Original post by Ash1523
I did the unit 1 exam in jan

Oh, we did it differently, did Unit 3 in January now doing the resit tomorrow. A tip that you could use. Part A sometimes has a equipment, method ect. You could use that to get an idea for how to write one on question 4
Reply 7
i have some revision notes on some practicles if you want me to send them?

Original post by Ash1523
this is where I’m confused, we are given an investigation and asked to write a method and stuff on it. But my teacher has not given us any practicals to make notes on or revise so I don’t know how I’m going to go into the exam to write a method on an experiment I don’t know. And I’m stresssingggggg. Do you know what the practicals are?
Reply 8
Original post by skyl9r
i think it may include fuels

I think it might be. Based on Biology in January doubt they would do Bio twice
Reply 9
Original post by blah56

Omg please could you, my teacher isn’t responding and I’m proper stressing
Reply 10

Original post by Ash1523

Original post by Ash1523
Omg please could you, my teacher isn’t responding and I’m proper stressing

yeah no worries, where would you like me to send them?
Reply 11
Oh, we did it differently, did Unit 3 in January now doing the resit tomorrow. A tip that you could use. Part A sometimes has a equipment, method ect. You could use that to get an idea for how to write one on question 4

It’s not necessarily writing a method that I’m getting confused on, it’s the whole writing it for an experiment I don’t know of, like how am I supposed to come up with a method for an experiment i don’t know ygm? Like my teacher hasn’t given any experiments to make notes on
the practicals are most likely to be diffusion or physics ones
Reply 13
Original post by blah56

yeah no worries, where would you like me to send them?

Can you send it to my snap? Asmitha.23 Thanks so much
Reply 14
Original post by gradesbeupfr

Can the same practicals come up, there’s so many but there’s only very few diffusion and physics ones right
Reply 15

I think it might be diffusion. Last came up in the 2019 paper no? Doing that paper now. Does anyone know what the paper was on last year?
Can the same practicals come up, there’s so many but there’s only very few diffusion and physics ones right

there are 3 diffusion practicals that i know of that involve the concentration gradient and temperature. physics has a lot of practicals at least from what i've learnt in my class. for e.g., ohm's law practical, thermistor practical, appliances practical, specific heat capacity of aluminium block, etc...
Reply 17
I think it might be diffusion. Last came up in the 2019 paper no? Doing that paper now. Does anyone know what the paper was on last year?

Hmm what are the possible diffusion practicals?
Original post by Ash1523
Hmm what are the possible diffusion practicals?

impact concentration will have on the movement of food dye through agar jelly.
impact HCl concentration will have on sodium hydroxide and phenphthalein agar. Timing how long the squares take to become transparent.
impact of temperature on sodium hydroxide and phenolphthalein agar. timing how long the squares take to become transparent
Reply 19
impact concentration will have on the movement of food dye through agar jelly.
impact HCl concentration will have on sodium hydroxide and phenphthalein agar. Timing how long the squares take to become transparent.
impact of temperature on sodium hydroxide and phenolphthalein agar. timing how long the squares take to become transparent

sodium hydroxide and phenolphthalein agar was on the 2019 paper. Pearson have locked last year and 2021 papers cant check them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending