The Student Room Group

What do you think of Jeremy Kyle

Do you think he actually resolves problems? I think he's a bully who belittles his guests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by em211997
Do you think he actually resolves problems? I think he's a bully who belittles his guests.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's entertainment, who cares if he resolves problems or not. The guests know it too, what kind of a sane person would go on that show expecting a problem to be resolved?
He's a scumbag, it speaks volumes that he only invites on ill educated people who are intellectually incapable of arguing back with him. It's schadenfreudian television.
Reply 3
Original post by College_Dropout
It's entertainment, who cares if he resolves problems or not. The guests know it too, what kind of a sane person would go on that show expecting a problem to be resolved?

Either way he portrays himself as all high and mighty as if he was the only one to have his own show. Regardless of his guests his ego is a huge problem and someone needs to put him in his place.
Reply 4
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
He's a scumbag, it speaks volumes that he only invites on ill educated people who are intellectually incapable of arguing back with him. It's schadenfreudian television.

Exactly! If he put sophisticated people on his show he wouldn't stand a chance. He thinks he knows it all and he brings up that "I've got four kids" bs all the time. He's a narcissistic a-hole.
Rizzle Kicks say it all:
"Jeremy Kyle got the nation laughing at other people's expense.
Somebody tell that guy that we hate him too, we're not his friends."
Same thing I think of Judge Rinder- kind of dumb, kind of irritating but entertaining enough that I'll watch the show when I'm bored. People bitch that "its taking the mick out of the lower class"- no its taking the mick out of the idiots who go on the show and expect they won't be made fun off. Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not too bright if you don't think thats a risk your taking.
Reply 7
I do feel a little sick inside, every time he yells at people who are already quite clearly emotionally and mentally ruined

But I still watch, because I can look at the people on the TV screen and say "Wow, at least I'm not them"
Either way he portrays himself as all high and mighty as if he was the only one to have his own show. Regardless of his guests his ego is a huge problem and someone needs to put him in his place.

Problem for who?
Original post by Another
I do feel a little sick inside, every time he yells at people who are already quite clearly emotionally and mentally ruined

But I still watch, because I can look at the people on the TV screen and say "Wow, at least I'm not them"

hahah how good of you
I am not a gigantic fan to be perfectly honest with you dear! Whenever I see him on the television I have to inhibit myself from launching beans at the screen!:colone:
Reply 11
Original post by TheGoldenBean
I am not a gigantic fan to be perfectly honest with you dear! Whenever I see him on the television I have to inhibit myself from launching beans at the screen!:colone:

Don't waste your precious beans on him ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't waste your precious beans on him ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a fair point pet! I shall eat them all and launch the tin at him instead! :colone:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
hahah how good of you

Well, I just believe there are many things in life to be thankful for. The fact that I'm not on the Jeremy Kyle set, is one of them :lol:
Am i the only one who likes jeremy kyle.
Original post by Emma:-)
Am i the only one who likes jeremy kyle.

I guess a few other people also want his...
Original post by perspiracious
I guess a few other people also want his...

I dont love him that much.
But i quite like the show. Sure- there are some low lives on there- but to be honest, they need telling. And jeremy actually tells them the truth.
Original post by Emma:-)
I dont love him that much.
But i quite like the show. Sure- there are some low lives on there- but to be honest, they need telling. And jeremy actually tells them the truth.

I agree some people are completely obliviously stupid to lead fulfilling lives. However, I am not one of this people; so I do not like that show for his obviously, unwise remarks.
People know what they are doing when they go on the show, it’s their choice. If you go on the show knowing you are lying then the lie detector will show that. If people think they can beat it that’s their problem. This show has been going for 14 years how can they say that it was the cause of someone taking their own life when there were other contributing facts being revealed!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest