The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2015 politics unit 3A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by avneetnota
how did everyone find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought it was okay considering how little i knew!

I did the 15 markers on environment, law & order and welfare and 45 marker on the rehabilitation question.
I did the 15 markers on environment, law & order and welfare and 45 marker on the rehabilitation question.

What were your main points for the 45 marker?
Original post by marthakirby
Thought it was okay considering how little i knew!

You did the rehabilitation question?? I saw that I noped straight out. I had really hoped for an economy 45 :/
I did globalisation, hs2, terrorism

I did emvironment for 45
I really wanted an economy 45 too, Did anyone do the growth 15 marker, and if so what did you put? I am worried that I missed the point on it
Reply 45
The economy short questions were nasty especially the globalisation one.
I did the two economy ones and the welfare short and the long education one
Do u think high or low boundaries this year???
Reply 46
Original post by saint123456789
I really wanted an economy 45 too, Did anyone do the growth 15 marker, and if so what did you put? I am worried that I missed the point on it

Yeah i did it, it was a really random question
I mentioned budget deficit which lowers investment in capital and tech to create growth, recession causing unemployment which reduces spending and businesses have smaller range so cant create growth as effectively and rising prices through higher vat which reduces spending in the econony.... Idk if thats relevant tho
(edited 8 years ago)

Same, same! I really wanted 45 economic. The 15s were awful. I put about public opinion stopping things like increasing tax and spending (so keynesian economics), I put about redundancies and low employment, and I talked about the type of jobs there were, so a lot of them zero hour or self employed which wasn't very stable so reduced demand. I messed up my timing tho, so I had about 5 minutes for that question, it was very rushed and a little bit ****ty.
Original post by tiejazz
The economy short questions were nasty especially the globalisation one.
I did the two economy ones and the welfare short and the long education one
Do u think high or low boundaries this year???

What did you say for globalisation

I said recession abroad with trading partners like in december 2014 when japan fell into recession

Eurozone crises , forcing uk to join bail out to protect trade with eu

Oil crises caused by unress in the middle east causing fear of inflation. Caused bank of england to increase interest from 0.5 to 0.6 as the affected countries were not uk biggest supliers
(edited 8 years ago)
For the growth q i put about ideological commitment to low inflation and trade off between growth and inflation, VAT rises, and austerity stagnating growth. I am concerned that it spoke about restrictions on the govt when these are all policies
Original post by golden tribe

I said recession abroad with trading partners like in december 2014 when japan fell into recession

Oil crises caused by unress in the middle east causing fear of inflation. Caused bank of england to increase interest from 0.5 to 0.6 as the affected countries were not uk biggest supliers

I spoke about rising commodity prices(emerging market economies), EU bailout (PIIGS), European sovereign debt crisis and credit rating downgrade(re emphasises the need for deficit reduction), and deflation meaning MPC are missing 2% targets(as a result of falling oil prices)
Reply 51
Original post by golden tribe

Woah thats a good answer the question was main implications
I said it means we have a larger role on an internation area cuz we are part of the eu, un and nato which means we can make larger more important decisions on the economy e.g. free trade areas
However it also lead to linking of economies so if one goes down then its a domino effect, so in effect we have lost power to not help other countries espc in the eu e.g. bailout of PIGS countries
Then i mentioned increase trade which means more foreign firms in the uk and privatisation of services e.g. royal mail means these foreign firms hold lots of power and govt has lost control of key services
But that point was a bit iffy cuz i ran out of things to say 😲😲
Reply 52
Oh god i am so scared i did **** ohhhhhhhh dearyyyy :frown:
That exam was at a mich higher difficulty level than 2014
Reply 54
That exam was at a mich higher difficulty level than 2014

Sooooo much harder the questions were so random
I am so worried about my economy question. Do you reckon austerity, VAT rises, ageing population(meaning more money needing to be spent on them and diverted from elsewhere), and ideological commitments would qualify as 'domestic issues which prevent the government from stimulating economic growth'?
i mentioned those points too but i also said how although government hasn't fully achieved all of their economic policies, they have managed to reduce unemployment levels. Coalition government provided young people with training courses, apprenticeships (supply side polices basically) so therefore have created a more skilled workforce who are now taking up jobs.
More people working= less people on benefits = less govt spending on job seekers allowance/benefits = more govt rev= more consumption due to more disposable income since people are working = increase gdp

i also mentioned immigration being a factor too- with people coming in from eastern European countries, you've eventually got a free rider effect on our public goods i.e NHS. these immigrants use nhs meaning more money Nhs to be put into this department therefore increasing govt spending. However immigrant are taking up jobs brits wont take up and are in fact working for a lower wage.

BASICALLY BULL****
This was a very hard exam for everyone it seems. Anyone do the environmental 45 markers?
Original post by FLOPPINGLIFE
i mentioned those points too but i also said how although government hasn't fully achieved all of their economic policies, they have managed to reduce unemployment levels. Coalition government provided young people with training courses, apprenticeships (supply side polices basically) so therefore have created a more skilled workforce who are now taking up jobs.
More people working= less people on benefits = less govt spending on job seekers allowance/benefits = more govt rev= more consumption due to more disposable income since people are working = increase gdp

i also mentioned immigration being a factor too- with people coming in from eastern European countries, you've eventually got a free rider effect on our public goods i.e NHS. these immigrants use nhs meaning more money Nhs to be put into this department therefore increasing govt spending. However immigrant are taking up jobs brits wont take up and are in fact working for a lower wage.

BASICALLY BULL****

Is this in response to the economic growth question? You seemed to have got so much down- how did you find the time? Also can you remember the actual wording of the question?
Is this in response to the economic growth question? You seemed to have got so much down- how did you find the time? Also can you remember the actual wording of the question?

something like To what extent has the government managed to sustain growth since 2010. yhh i wrote in the entire answer book and 4 extra pages.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending