The Student Room Group

Which Study Techniques Do You Use?

Hi!

Which study techniques do you use, and which are you familiar with?

For history I use PQRST, making of flashcards online (Quizlet), and the Dominic system with the method of loci.
(edited 9 years ago)
For maths and physics, doing endless past papers and questions from other sources. Also reading up on different methods of proof and other pure maths/mechanics.
Reading through notes/textbook is also useful for biology and chemistry.
I personally favour crying and throwing my books at the wall.
I done my studying at the pub. I now know how to successfully piss a weeks worth of wages up against a wall in the space of a weekend.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I done my studying at the pub. I now know how to successfully piss a weeks worth of wages up against a wall in the space of a weekend.

Has that ever come up in an exam?
feynman technique! look it up..
Original post by morgan8002
Has that ever come up in an exam?

Yeah, AQA Maths:

Johnny has £200. A crate of beer costs £15, but he could get 2 for £20 at Sainsbury's. Dave, however, has insisted upon a few bottles of spirits. If a bottle of Vodka costs £18, a bottle of Rum costs £22, and a nice bottle of Whiskey costs £35, how long will it take Johnny to realise that he should've gone to Thorpe Park instead?
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yeah, AQA Maths:

Johnny has £200. A crate of beer costs £15, but he could get 2 for £20 at Sainsbury's. Dave, however, has insisted upon a few bottles of spirits. If a bottle of Vodka costs £18, a bottle of Rum costs £22, and a nice bottle of Whiskey costs £35, how long will it take Johnny to realise that he should've gone to Thorpe Park instead?

I guess C1 and D1 are a bit like that. Later modules eg. FP4 are better.
Reply 8
Original post by swopnil
feynman technique! look it up..

Just did. Good stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending