The Student Room Group

"Sainsbury's CODE 10"

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PseudoPhoenix
Farlington Branch

why on earth would you become a CTS! take all the crap of a manager for less pay!

Produce Codechecker on Saturday, Produce replenishment on tuesday evening! :s-smilie:

Looks better on the CV, and it is daylight hours. I started as an STY shopper on the night shift, which wasn't bad. Would quite like to go back to it, although I'm going to see if I can wrangle getting the overnight shift over Christmas, and working midnight to 8am. The other CTS's on the department probably won't want to do overnights, especially because the other two female CTS's are pregnant. One due to start maternity just after Christmas, and the other at the end of Feb.

Replenishment is something I've not learnt to do, too busy been doing paperwork and suchlike when all the shopping has been done on the few occasions we clear early. Bet it's less stressful than checkouts or STY.

How often do you get "Stage 1 to checkouts" and "all till-trained staff to checkouts" on the days you're in? It's all I seem to hear over our tannoys at times!
Reply 41
icantthinkofacoolusername
You never played bulldog with me did you?

Umm... not as far as I know... should I?
Louenn
Looks better on the CV, and it is daylight hours. I started as an STY shopper on the night shift, which wasn't bad. Would quite like to go back to it, although I'm going to see if I can wrangle getting the overnight shift over Christmas, and working midnight to 8am. The other CTS's on the department probably won't want to do overnights, especially because the other two female CTS's are pregnant. One due to start maternity just after Christmas, and the other at the end of Feb.

Replenishment is something I've not learnt to do, too busy been doing paperwork and suchlike when all the shopping has been done on the few occasions we clear early. Bet it's less stressful than checkouts or STY.

How often do you get "Stage 1 to checkouts" and "all till-trained staff to checkouts" on the days you're in? It's all I seem to hear over our tannoys at times!

i'm exempt from tills because i have psorisis, which doesn;t look nice, which cause customers to comment, which causes me stress, which makes it worse.

it was like that when i worked on the deli!
Mad Vlad

yeah :smile:
Mad Vlad
True... but, still. 20 vs. 1
Ain't gonna happen.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KSX_OkPMO78 fast forward to about 25secs...

a few of them should do it, without the pointing and ridicule tho, that would waste time...
Mad Vlad

Not if you think 20 Sainsburys managers could stop me...
Not if you think 20 Sainsburys managers could stop me...

Ofcourse not, a few of the forementioned fakies, and grabbing an online-shopper trolley and barging your way outta thur like you're John Rambo and Sainsburys is a corrupt honkey Sheriffs' police station...
Reply 47
I loved British bulldog. Top game for sure...
It could be done. And anyway how do you manage to assemble 20 store managers in an orderly blockade at a moments' notice, when they can't just see the sense putting a BOGOF special offer on the Angel Cake...
Reply 49
Ole_Gunner
It could be done. And anyway how do you manage to assemble 20 store managers in an orderly blockade at a moments' notice, when they can't just see the sense putting a BOGOF special offer on the Angel Cake...

Well... all the managers run to the foyer and start walking towards the thief. It's not like they have to go to the armoury and get some riot gear.
Mad Vlad
Well... all the managers run to the foyer and start walking towards the thief. It's not like they have to go to the armoury and get some riot gear.

Say is said theif has a weapon of his own?
Ole_Gunner
Say is said theif has a weapon of his own?

Then i think they'd probably sacrifice the packet of smarties...
Reply 52
Then i think they'd probably sacrifice the packet of smarties...

Indeed. At which point the police would be called.
And on that night I'm off to bed in my positively tropical room (26.1 degrees...)

Night xx
Reply 54
And on that night I'm off to bed in my positively tropical room (26.1 degrees...)

Night xx

Hehehe. Night! :cool:
There was a code at Safeway... Mrs. Black to the Customer Service Desk. Suspected shoplifters were, I believe, Mrs. White.

Morrisons had a different system, but I'm not going to give away Company Secrets! The 'M'afia would hunt me down... they actually did after I posted a few derogatory comments on a different forum, ended up talking to HR. Well, I didn't post anything other than the truth- if they didn't like my expose of bad health and safety practice, perhaps they should look at what caused them ratehr than my effects.
Reply 56
FadeToBlackout
There was a code at Safeway... Mrs. Black to the Customer Service Desk. Suspected shoplifters were, I believe, Mrs. White.

Morrisons had a different system, but I'm not going to give away Company Secrets! The 'M'afia would hunt me down... they actually did after I posted a few derogatory comments on a different forum, ended up talking to HR. Well, I didn't post anything other than the truth- if they didn't like my expose of bad health and safety practice, perhaps they should look at what caused them ratehr than my effects.

Morrisons is Service 1. :p:
When I was working at the Co-op *shudders* a code 10 was when you thought the credit card you had been presented with was fraudulent. Not that that would necessitate a massive staff clamp down.
wow, thats a lot of replies....yeah possibly a shoplifter, but i think it might've been someone giving grief as well....

huh...it appears some a smiley have been added to my smilies toolbar... nice:s-smilie:
Reply 59
cjmcnair
wow, thats a lot of replies....yeah possibly a shoplifter, but i think it might've been someone giving grief as well....

huh...it appears some a smiley have been added to my smilies toolbar... nice:s-smilie:

Could be. At Currys, Customer Service Code 10 was used for everything security related, so someone kicking off, shoplifting, fraudulent credit card etc. It basically means - everyone to the shop floor to support your colleagues.

Quick Reply

Latest