The Student Room Group

Revision notes and rescourse

If you have ANY good notes and resources for the following gcse subjects, please let me know and perhaps send it onto this thread. I am in year 10 and I would really appreciate this

- edexcel igcse geography and history
gcse edexcel business
igcse English literature and gcse
English lang gcse and igse edexcel
gcse arabic

Thank you so much for your time :smile:
While notes can be really handy, I would really recommend making your own from class notes, revision guides and online material if you can as making the notes can really help with revision by showing you what understand and don’t understand. You can download the specifications from the exam board websites.

Good luck !
Reply 2
Original post by tiredgiraff
While notes can be really handy, I would really recommend making your own from class notes, revision guides and online material if you can as making the notes can really help with revision by showing you what understand and don’t understand. You can download the specifications from the exam board websites.

Good luck !

thanks 🙂
Original post by Hellopeople!
If you have ANY good notes and resources for the following gcse subjects, please let me know and perhaps send it onto this thread. I am in year 10 and I would really appreciate this

gcse edexcel business
gcse arabic

Hi hope you're well.

I'm an English tutor and am doing my degree in English.

If you need any help at all and have specific questions feel free to drop me a pm :smile: I'm more than happy to help !
Reply 4
Original post by Hatekittens12345
Hi hope you're well.

If you need any help at all and have specific questions feel free to drop me a pm :smile: I'm more than happy to help !

thank you so much! do you have any resources for igce/ gcse edexcel lit and lang. I am doing Macbeth in school so do you have any notes and stuff on websites? TYSM
Hi hope you're well.

thank you so much! do you have any resources for igce/ gcse edexcel lit and lang. I am doing Macbeth in school so do you have any notes and stuff on websites? TYSM

You're welcome. PMT notes are really good for Macbeth in order to get an understanding.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/english-revision/gcse-edexcel/macbeth/

With language there isn't much, links wise. But these are really good

https://gcseenglishsuccess.com/flashcard-offer/optin

They are for AQA but the content is pretty much the same, the questions are just slightly different but they'll help the same!
Reply 6

You're welcome. PMT notes are really good for Macbeth in order to get an understanding.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/english-revision/gcse-edexcel/macbeth/

With language there isn't much, links wise. But these are really good

https://gcseenglishsuccess.com/flashcard-offer/optin

They are for AQA but the content is pretty much the same, the questions are just slightly different but they'll help the same!
TYSM
Reply 7
Original post by tiredgiraff

Good luck !

Do you know any online sites/material for edexcel- B geography?? Please tell me if you do, I need to teach myself everything.

Thank you
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by jg.10x
Do you know any online sites/material for edexcel- B geography?? Please tell me if you do, I need to teach myself everything.

Thank you

I’ve never studied geography, but you can find the specification online very easily and can download it as a pdf so you can see the list of things you need to learn. By the looks of it, Walton Geography on YouTube has a load of resources, too.
Reply 9
Original post by jg.10x

Thank you

You can use physics and maths tutor they have really good notes
Hello!

Have you tried Seneca Learning? I think they're really useful, they have notes and quizzes for most subjects. Most of their stuff is free too. I know they definitely do Geography and English Language, and I think I saw Business Studies on there too.

I recommend doing all the past papers you can find for each subject. It really helps you get to know what kinds of questions come up often and you end up just memorising the answers for the common ones without knowing it. For sciences, English and maths, try Physics and Maths tutor. They do lots of past papers. You can also find the papers from the previous exam series of the same year on Past Papers Co. Their site is a bit tricky to navigate with all the codes, but if you just try clicking on each link, eventually you'll find a good one.

If you'd like some advice on the codes and how to read them, let me know. I'd be happy to help give some tips on them if you want.

Best of luck!
Original post by pumpkin1308
Hello!

Have you tried Seneca Learning? I think they're really useful, they have notes and quizzes for most subjects. Most of their stuff is free too. I know they definitely do Geography and English Language, and I think I saw Business Studies on there too.

I recommend doing all the past papers you can find for each subject. It really helps you get to know what kinds of questions come up often and you end up just memorising the answers for the common ones without knowing it. For sciences, English and maths, try Physics and Maths tutor. They do lots of past papers. You can also find the papers from the previous exam series of the same year on Past Papers Co. Their site is a bit tricky to navigate with all the codes, but if you just try clicking on each link, eventually you'll find a good one.

If you'd like some advice on the codes and how to read them, let me know. I'd be happy to help give some tips on them if you want.

Best of luck!

I use seneca but do u recommend anything else and also use pmt
I use seneca but do u recommend anything else and also use pmt

Hello!

For sciences and Geography, try Science with Hazel. She makes good videos and explains things well. She also sells perfect answer revision guides on her website which I find useful. For Biology, the Amoeba Sisters are great, but I'm not sure if you're doing it or not. For sciences you could try Grade Gorilla, it will give you a grade for each test you do. It's quite useful to see where you need to improve. If you're stuck on a particular question, Brainly can sometimes help. They have quite a few questions on there with decent answers. Finally, you could try Quizlet and Quizizz, I don't find them that great, but for particular topics with a lot of memorising they can be useful.

Hope that helps and good luck!
Original post by pumpkin1308
Hello!

For sciences and Geography, try Science with Hazel. She makes good videos and explains things well. She also sells perfect answer revision guides on her website which I find useful. For Biology, the Amoeba Sisters are great, but I'm not sure if you're doing it or not. For sciences you could try Grade Gorilla, it will give you a grade for each test you do. It's quite useful to see where you need to improve. If you're stuck on a particular question, Brainly can sometimes help. They have quite a few questions on there with decent answers. Finally, you could try Quizlet and Quizizz, I don't find them that great, but for particular topics with a lot of memorising they can be useful.

Hope that helps and good luck!

thanks

gcse edexcel business
gcse arabic

Hi! I have a method for memorising poems from your anthology that really works for me, I just did a literature mock this morning!
Question, are you doing Power and Conflict?
Reply 15
Original post by johnnycagefan1
Hi! I have a method for memorising poems from your anthology that really works for me, I just did a literature mock this morning!
Question, are you doing Power and Conflict?

yeah i kinda need help w poems im more stem smart not english sadly
Reply 16
Hi hope you're well.

hi, what would be the best way to revise for english language since i want to prepare myself for my english mock's but don't know what to do. thank you.
Hi sorry for the late reply, so my method to memorising all poems in Power and Conflict is should be fairly simple if you're good at memorising, and its much more effective than simple reviewing your annotations
For each poem, use this structure (I'll be using Ozymandias to show you):
Ozymandias By Percy Bysshe Shelley
Context (Of poem, Author): Disliked power and authority, wrote about downfall of authority figures.
Meanings (Of Poem): Nothing lasts forever, Pride comes before fall, Karma
Structure: 10 syllables - consistent, Single stanza - constant movement of time
Best Quotes:
"Sheer of Cold command"

- synaesthesia: experiencing two different emotions at once
-shows his pride
"colossal wreck"

-antithesis: knocked off his pedestal literally and metaphorically
"lone and level sands"

-alliteration highlights the bareness of the desert and contributes to the tone of futility
Poem to compare to: My last duchess - Both controlling, Art becomes meaningless

NOTES:
This method usually takes me ten minutes per poem, trust me, it's not that much!
Always list techniques for your quotes.
If you struggle to answer questions, its worth learning structures like PEEL and PETELWAC, I can make a post about these if you want.

I recently did a literature mock and this technique works like an absolute CHARM! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest