The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 12th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by plxntsoul
i have a feeling that the 15 mark question could potentially be on migration because it hasn't come up and i think its the only big topic in population that hasn't come up

engineering stratagies for coasts and rivers probably will not come up as that came up last year

what migration case studies would you use?
Hey everyone, how does atmospheric pressure and trade wrinds cause aridity?

Thanks for the help
Does anyone have any 15 mark answers they've done on a case study, don't know how much information you're supposed to put in for top marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farah1997
My teacher reckons coastal flooding and he's pretty spot on when it comes to predictions

Ah great, thank you! :smile:

Original post by Ultracrepidarian
Hello good luck to everyone doing the exam, I was wondering if people have any last minute tips on revision, I'm doing rivers,coasts,population and health

I'm doing the same topics.. and also wondering how to revise, today is my cram day!!
Original post by cole1997
I do all the same topics as you, and here are the prdictions for the 15 markers that my teacher has made. He has a list of all the questions that have come up and charts them. He got the 15 marker for coasts, rivers and health right last year.

Rivers; 'How does the cross sectional area of a river change as it moves downstream?'
Coasts: 'With help from a case study, explain the causes and effects of coastal flooding.'
Population: 'With the help from a case study, explain how migration affects both the host country and the source country."
Health: Not sure exactly what will come up, but he's pretty sure that it's going to be something on TNC's, specifically tobacco.

Hope this helps :smile:

This is mad, if even two of these come up I'll love you forever
Original post by jasmin012341
what migration case studies would you use?

it depends on the question, I've learnt a case study on forced migration which is diego garcia to mauritus and voluntary which is Turkey to German and transmigration in Indonesia and little bit on refugees from Afghanistan, although thats more than enough since the specification doesn't require you to have a case study
Does anyone have any advice on answering questions where you have an article and you have to summarise it because i can never get full marks on them
Original post by cljclj
Any predictions for Health Issues 15 marker ??

People are saying it will be Tobacco!! BAT and stuff if you have covered that!!
Original post by Columbo97
People are saying it will be Tobacco!! BAT and stuff if you have covered that!!

how much detail do we need of those case studies
Original post by CallumSimpson4
This is mad, if even two of these come up I'll love you forever

if it doesn't you're are pretty screwed.
Any idea what the 15 markers for population, health, cold environments and rivers will be?
Original post by plxntsoul
how much detail do we need of those case studies

A lot. This sheet should show some facts you might want to consider including.
Geo BAT.pdf

Here is an example essay of a Tobacco health question.
The question was:
"Tobacco companies do more harm than good" To what extent do you agree with this view? (15 Marks)

IMG_0001.pdf

Hope that helps

The question is the bottom attachment. The answer is above
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys, in Population, does anyone know what we really need to know about for the Population theories part on Malthus, Boserup and Simon and evidence to support them?:smile:
Geo BAT.pdf

The question was:
"Tobacco companies do more harm than good" To what extent do you agree with this view? (15 Marks)

IMG_0001.pdf

Hope that helps

wow tysm!!
Geo BAT.pdf

The question was:

IMG_0001.pdf

Hope that helps

Do you have any more exemplar answers? This is fab

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Do you have any more exemplar answers? This is fab

Posted from TSR Mobile

Every single 15 marker ever asked. Just ask and i'll scan it in :smile:
Can anyone give me a quick summary on energy issues case studies on supply and trade
Any what could the 15 mark questions for cold environments and rivers
And any predictions on what will definitely come up ?
What is the impact for rising sea levels (coast topic)
Original post by Asuslogik
Can anyone give me a quick summary on energy issues case studies on supply and trade
Any what could the 15 mark questions for cold environments and rivers
And any predictions on what will definitely come up ?

So Sorry, i haven't covered energy or cold environments!! :frown: For rivers, people have been saying river characteristics might come up, so see attached for a possible question :smile: and likely!!
Reply 599
Coastlines of submergence (frjords, rias)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending